Joshy got his hand caught under the vacuum today. I know, I know what you're saying "Call DCFS! She ran over her son!" But no, it was nothing that sinister. I was using the suction hoses to clean the stairs and when Andy said, "Joshy! Don't play with the vacuum!" I turned around on the stairs and the brushes on the underside of the vacuum brushed off the top few layers of skin on his hand.
What a trooper, though! I quickly ran and washed it (I know what kind of yuck I vacuum up every day) and ran cold water on it to soothe any stinging there might have been. We then put some pain relieving Neosporin on it, bandaged it, and put some "Ouchless" tape around it to keep the band-aid in place. Viola! I've got my prize fighter!
He was more distraught that I took his binky from him for the picture than he was in pain.
I don't know about you, but this is enough to frighten me, so I'm sure it was terrifying to my baby!
What a trooper, though! I quickly ran and washed it (I know what kind of yuck I vacuum up every day) and ran cold water on it to soothe any stinging there might have been. We then put some pain relieving Neosporin on it, bandaged it, and put some "Ouchless" tape around it to keep the band-aid in place. Viola! I've got my prize fighter!

He was more distraught that I took his binky from him for the picture than he was in pain.
The boxing mitten didn't last for super long, but it was fascinating to him while he had it. His hand is a little swollen now, but all in all, I think he'll recover just fine, sweet boy.
6 comments:
Poor guy. And very scary for Mama! Is he keeping his bandaid on at least? He is so cute -- I need to come and see you guys!
What a cute shirt. Where did you ever find such a gem?
Poor baby, I would have totally freaked out I think!!! My josh loves the vacuum. He better not try that!
Yeah, I love his shirt, too. How is he doing today?
Oh that's so sad! I love you how always know how to take care of things, like clogged sinks and first aid emergencies. You were raised right.
I have honestly always wondered what would happen if one of my kids did that. Thanks for helping solve one of my lifes big mysteries! Tell Joshy thanks for taking one for the team! Glad he is ok!
Awww! Poor little champ!
Post a Comment