Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No, these aren't Halloween costumes

Kraig had another day off this week (oh wait, I didn't ever do a post about his first day off this week) so we went to the Dry Pack Cannery. We were the only ones there and we had a great time.

To keep things foodsafe, everyone has to wear gloves and hairnets.


We had to tape Andy's gloves on.


Josh had fun too. Oh wait, it gets better.


That's my happy boy!

PS--I've received complaints (aka chastisements from the East Coast) that the title of my blog was too blah. Apparently the Dr. Laura reference is lost on the unlearned, Reed Farnsworth. (did I say that out loud?) I'm testing out new ones and will let my faithful lurkers vote in an upcoming survey. Stay tuned...

11 comments:

Ashley said...

What DARLING smiles!!!

LKC said...

Oh, how fun! I have good memories of the cannery. One thing that stands out was that in the grocery section, they were selling Crystal Pepsi like 4 years after it had been discontinued.

Jacqui said...

Ya, I remember that mutual night too and I TOTALLY remember the crystal pepsi. Does soda go bad? We weren't in the bishop's storehouse section, though I did walk through it to get to the office so someone could open the door for us on the dry pack side. It brought back the same memories.

LKC said...

Hey, that's the blanket I made for Josh. I'm glad it's getting used.

Soda does have an expiration date, but I don't know if it will kill you.

Peay Family said...

Just so you know, I understood and appreciated your Dr. Laura reference although the fighting dietitian does have a certain ring to it! Cute pics, I didn't know they let you take kids to the cannery or I would have tried it ages ago.

Brenny said...

I loved the pictures and shared them with everyone in our office. Josh is such a smiley boy!!

Jacqui said...

Ages ago, Janell? Your son is 3 monhths old!

REEDF said...

now THAT is one VERY Catchy title! I was also thinking "Life Caught in the Webb" or something. Anyway, I'm LOVING it.

Now if only we could figure out a way to talk in person sometime.


PS. I may be out in Denver for Thanksgiving.

La Belle Belge said...

I love your title about "Halloween Costumes" I could just hear you say that with your cute giggle. Looks like you guys had some fun times... You have a beautiful family.

Congrats on the van! We have not made the leap yet. We've been going back and forth with it. Having only two kids, I just love to be able to hand them anything I want without even looking because they are so close behind me... One day we'll have to though, it's getting tougher with road trips... Hugs from the Lone star state. Jules.

Jacqui said...

Life caught in the Webb...that's got possibilities...

Ashley Preston said...

Cutest pictures ever!! I lvoe the hair thigns. What a fun family outing. Hysterical about taping Andy's gloves on.