Monday, October 1, 2007

The first day of a perfect month

I love October. I have no idea why, but it's always been my favorite month. Maybe because it's an 'orange' month and orange is my favorite color (duh! look at my blog). Or maybe it's the change of seasons, the fall leaves, the cool nights making it perfect to snuggle under a warm blanket. Or maybe I love it because I can start making soups again and Kraig won't complain about a hot soup on a hot day. Or maybe becuase it's the official opening to Pumpkin Cookie Season. Mmmm...pumpkin cookies.

Whatever the reason, I'm SO glad it's OCTOBER!

6 comments:

Brenny said...

I like October too. This year it means a bunch of work and stress! That is okay, because I've got a new pair of jeans to get me through the tough days... :)

Ashley Preston said...

I have been looking forward to making pumpkin cookies for a month now! I was telling Bill the other day how exciting it was to come home to Jacqui's cookies after a long day on campus. It is one of my most profound college memories. I miss you and can't wait to make those cookies!

LKC said...

I'm excited for soup season too. I think I'll make some tonight.

Jacqui said...

Well if I've done one good thing in the world, I hope to claim the spreading of joy by pumpkin cookie.

LKC said...

post your pumpkin cookie recipe. or if it's a secret, just email it to me.

Please Pass the Green said...

How did you make the word OCTOBER orange in your blog? You're just full of cool secret recipes.:) Orphan Andy's sure a cutie.