Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The things that make me happiest

  1. When Andy says 'please' and 'thank you' without being prompted
  2. That Josh is always happy to see me when I walk in a room
  3. When Kraig comes home from a long day and says he didn't work at all--he just had fun and got paid for it
  4. A clean kitchen
  5. Vacuumed floors
  6. My new van
  7. Dinner out (or in) with my honey
  8. The kids' 7:30 bedtime
  9. When Andy makes Joshy laugh
  10. Knowing what I'm going to make for dinner
  11. Making new friends
  12. Getting to exercise in the mornings
  13. When Andy comes into the family room and does aerobics or yoga with me (he's nailed downdog)
  14. A hot shower (without kids in the background)
  15. Emails from my sisters and mom
  16. KitKats--unfortunately, they make Josh unhappy
  17. When Josh snuggles into my neck when he's not quite awake yet
  18. That perfect spot between Kraig's shoulder and neck that fits me perfectly when we hug
  19. That Andy learned how to tell a dog to 'sit' this weekend and has continued to practice on me
  20. Putting things away in my food storage
  21. A clean bedroom
  22. That I'm not always the one doing all the cleaning
  23. Andy singing his 'clean up' song to himself when he's in his room--I've taught him well
  24. Reading scriptures as a family before bedtime
  25. When Kraig's work schedule lets him come to church with us
  26. Speaking Spanish and understanding what other Latins say to/around me
  27. Going to Target and spending $2.00 on toothpaste just to get out of the house
  28. When Andy stops what he's doing, yells 'Daddy!' and runs to greet Kraig when he comes home from work--I tear up every time
  29. That Kraig plays with our kids
  30. Making dinner for a neighbor who just had a baby
  31. Advancing from the diaper bag to a real purse--at least on date night
  32. Mom and Dad living close so they can see the kids whenever they want
  33. That the Webbs miss us now that we're away
  34. My little boy becoming so independent--he can put his shoes on by himself now!
  35. Spending Kraig's day off together as a family doing something fun
  36. October--it's been a great month, I'm sad to see it end
  37. Pumpkin cookies
  38. Spending time with my best friend, which is great because he lives in the same house as me
  39. Blogging
  40. Getting comments on my blog
  41. My beautiful Grandmother (who just celebrated her 88th? birthday on Sunday) who gave me her beautiful china
  42. My new kitchen table that seats 10
  43. Having more people at our table since it can seat so many
  44. Watching movies with Kraig
  45. Snuggling with Andy when he's tired (but not cranky)
  46. Laughing with Kraig
  47. A crisp apple
  48. Beautiful leaves that have turned red for the season
  49. When Joshy sleeps through the night
  50. When I sleep through the night

6 comments:

Brenny said...

What a great happiness list. I think you should make a link for it on the side of your page so you can always refer back to it...

Jacqui said...

Uh, how do I do that?

Ashley Preston said...

# 51 ASHLEY!!! Hahahaha! Such a fun list. It reminds me to be happy for all the wonderful things in my life too. Hope you're Halloween is great. I am making pumpkin cookies to take to a Halloween party tonight. That will be my 2nd time making them this month.

LKC said...

umm, #38? I thought I was your best friend. :)

Jacqui said...

Well, Lindsey, you live in Russia. You're my best friend in Russia :)

Ashley said...

I love these sorts of lists. You must be a very happy person. :)