Sunday, November 4, 2007

Not a mother


Whoever decided that we as a nation should participate in Daylight Savings time was obviously not a mother. My children didn't know that we got an extra hour of sleep this morning! They were up at their usual 6:30 which translates to 5:30 when daylight savings is 'off' (or 'on', I always get confused).
I want my extra hour of sleep! I want to speak with the man responsible for this usually delicious, but oh-so-missed hour!

8 comments:

Doug and Shayla said...

Yes, we are also feeling it at our house! Wish we could somehow let them know of this desperate need we have as mothers. Sleep....sometimes it seems so foreign. Your kids are adorable by the way.

Peay Family said...

I only have one thing to say to that. AMEN!!

LKC said...

Yeah, we went through this the week before you. Falling an hour back does kind of lose its charm with kids.

How about this for a title, "Oh the Tangled Webb"?

Jacqui said...

Hey, that's a pretty good one too. Did you get the Dr. Laura refernece? It was from all those afternoons driving home with your mom from Creek while she was listening to it.

LKC said...

Of course I got the Dr. Laura refernce (and I like it). But if people are whining, I thought I'd throw out another suggestion.

Jacqui said...

Phew! I'm glad! Do you also remember that lds song she would play on her radio show? What was it again?

LKC said...

I don't remember. But was it about giving a child up for adoption or something?

La Belle Belge said...

I hear you... We are still struggling to not let Loic go to bed at 6PM... b/c I don't want to wake up with him at 6AM :{