Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hurricane Andrew

If Kraig has to work early and isn't there to watch the boys in the morning, I usually don't get a shower until Andy is watching a DVD during rest time or until later during nap time. That means most mornings I stay in my gym clothes or jammies until at least 11am.


This morning was a little different. Andy was playing quietly in his room so I thought I'd take a few minutes for a quick shower (this was around 9am--could I be so lucky?) I jumped in and jumped out, and after towelling off, I poked my head down the stairs to see if Andy was still being as quiet as when I started.

I'm not joking--in the 2.5 minutes I was in the shower this is the destruction that he caused in his room. All the toy bins were off the shelf, upturned and emptied on the floor. He was having a great time and, in fact, cheered and threw a bin when he saw me!

The great thing about all of his destruction was that he was totally content to put it all back together. No whining that he didn't want to do it, no running out of the room, he just sat down and started putting everything back in its place. What a funny boy!

6 comments:

Brenny said...

Funny kid. At least he was content to help you put it together again...

I really like the new family pictures on the side bar.

Jon and Diana said...

Andy is the coolest almost 2 yr old I know. What a champ!

Ashley said...

Oh no! I so hear you on the showering. I don't know how people do it--I don't trust Charlie for 2 minutes by himself! I have started bringing him into the bathroom when I don't want to wait for naptime, but then I have to worry if he will get in the toilet!

Jacqui said...

It used to be that I could trust Baby Einstein to keep him entertained, but no such luck any more.

Brenny said...

I still love that he threw the bin and cheered, like 'Surprise Mom! I did this just for you! Yay!!!'

La Belle Belge said...

How funny! That is exactly what Loic does. Give hime 3 minutes watch on hand... In the morning, my choices are:
1) cut off on my sleep and shower before they wake up - usually makes up for a MUCH better start of the day

2) Miss my shower opportunity window and spend 2 hours getting ready (given I am interrupted every 30 sec by one or the other). BAD way to start the day. I'm ready to go back to bed by the time I'm done... I hate to shower when they nap b/c I much rather do something else... like calling back, emailing back, reading, napping or... blogging ;)