Friday, November 9, 2007

Our Song, Friday Five Style

I've had Taylor Swift's 'Our Song' running through my head since I saw the ACM awards on Wednseday night, so I decided to dedicate this Friday Five to what 'Our Song' will be when they make a soundtrack to our lives:
  1. Lonestar--My Front Porch Looking In "Nothin' takes my breath away like my front porch looking in..."
  2. Rascal Flatts--Bless the Broken Road "I set out on a narrow way, many years ago / Hoping I would find true love, along the broken road / But I got lost a time or two, wiped my brow and kept pushing through / I couldn't see how every sign, pointed straight to you"
  3. Deana Carter--How Do I Get There From Here? "...dreaming every night with these arms around you"
  4. --The Wise Man Built His House Upon A Rock
  5. John Denver (and the Muppets)--Durango Mountain Caballero "To the place were earth and heaven meet the mountains and the sky / In the heart of Colorado

What songs would be on your soundtrack?

4 comments:

Brenny said...

Definitely 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts, and 'Where the Streets Have No Name' by U2.

Great Friday 5! I'll think of more songs...

Ashley said...

I love "My Front Porch Looking In!"

Jacqui said...

I love that Deana Carter song--it totally reminds me of high school when I first heard the disk (and Midland when we requested Strawberry Wine, remember that Linds?). Kraig and I heard How Do I get there from Here on the radio last week and I could still sing every word. He's never heard the song before, but totally loved it. Maybe I can convience him to buy it for me again. Who knows where my copy went...

Jacqui said...

Oh! I was also listening to our Wedding CD yesterday as I drove to Brenny's and decided that most of the songs on there would probably qualify for the soundtrack to our life. That's probably why we chose them :)