Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Dollars and Pennys Count



I always feel so great when I look at my grocery store receipt and I've saved $6 or $10.55 on my purchases. I think, 'Man, I'm really saving our family money!' But then Kraig, with his wonderful mechanical ability, will go and change the oil, flush the transmission, and tune up our car, saving us hundreds.



I guess we all contribute in our own way--his $100 isn't any more important than my $6. It's more the idea of scrimping and saving that gets us ahead in the end, right?




Andy was helping his Daddy flush the transmission and thought Daddy might need a little more light under the car, so he brought out his lantern :) What a big helper!




** I'd like to give credit where credit is due. This topic isn't my original idea. Before Kraig and I were married I remember having a conversation with my wonderful mother-in-law about the same thing--her saving dollars at the grocery store and Dad saving hundreds fixing the sink or the car. I'm glad that Kraig inherited those genes from his parents.

4 comments:

Peay Family said...

That is so great. At our house we save more by calling the fix-it man right away. That is, before my husband can get to it and make it all worse. Count your blessings!

By the way, the Look-alike Meter works with adult pictures- you don't have to use baby ones. Give it a try, it is pretty entertaining.

Brenny said...

It is a blessing to have a husband who can fix stuff; however, because of the headache and eventual bad words that often get said (usally while fixing something on the car) it is better for my sanity to call a fix-it-man as well... Okay, really that is for the car, he is good about fixing other stuff.

Brenny said...

Cute lanturn by the way. Andy is such a helper!

Jon and Diana said...

I was showing 3 yr old nephew Spencer pictures on your site.He thinks that he is andy and that your josh is my josh. It was really cute. Now he is claiming that its too bright in my livingroom and that he needs to where Jon's sun glasses. gotta go!