Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Five: Ode to my Two Year Old

Tomorrow, 1 December 2007, my sweet Andrew turns two. So in honor of this important little guy, I'm dedicating this Friday Five to him.


1. Andrew David was born on 1 December 2005 at 8:23pm in the Heber Valley Medical Center. After being in labor for a day and not making any progress, our wonderful doctor asked us to consider doing a c-section. Since my contractions had stopped when they turned off my Pitocin, but Andrew was still doing ok, we decided to go ahead with it at that time instead of waiting until the little guy was in distress. The surgery went well, Andrew was perfect, and we were so happy to meet him finally.


2. 'Andrew' came from the Bible and 'David' is Kraig's middle name.

3. Andrew was a strong and smart little boy from the word 'go.' He rolled over at 3 months, crawled at 6, walked at 10, and finished his Thesis last Tuesday. A mother couldn't be prouder.

4. Andrew loves to laugh. He loves to wrestle with his Daddy, help cook in the kitchen, pull the pages that come out of the printer, watch Disney movies, count to 10, ride his bike, throw balls, tickle his brother, sit on the potty, play in his bed with Snuggle bear and Bob (the penguin), find school buses while we drive, eat cookies at the grocery store, go to Nursery, read books, say prayers, sing songs

5. Andrew brings a wonderful spirit to our home. He has the sweetness and humility that reminds both Kraig and I to love more and to be more kind and patient. I can't imagine a day without him. Happy bithday, Bubba. I love my boy.

4 comments:

Jon and Diana said...

i love your boy too. Happy birthday Andy!

LKC said...

Happy Birthday, Andy!

Jacqui said...

I'll be sure to send him your birthday wishes :)

Brenny said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you are in our family!