Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What are they teaching my child?

Every time we go to the grocery store, our first stop is to go to the bakery and see if they have any free cookies. It's become such a habit that if we even just drive by the store Andy yells, "COOKIE!" I guess that's what he calls grocery stores :)
Today they were out of cookies. Oh dang, prepare for a meltdown. It's hard to help Andy understand that we don't always get what we want, especially when he's throwing a tantrum. We just kept on walking, breezing by the empty cookie bowl as I'm talking calmly to Andy, trying to curb a complete meltdown. Well, the nice ladies in the bakery heard Andrew getting so upset about not having a cookie that they rushed one out to us. Uh, ggggrrrr, thank you! You've just taught my toddler that the louder he yells, the quicker the cookie is delivered on a silver platter.

I'm not actually that upset about it. I mean, that was an awfully nice thing to do. Maybe we'll try going to frozen foods first next time.

1 comment:

Brenny said...

Free Cookies! Free Cookies! What, we can't always get what we want just by throwing a fit? Man, someone should have told me that sooner...