Monday, August 6, 2007

Jammie Buddies

I had a friend ask me how I spend my free time now that I'm a mom. At the time she was expecting her first (I bet the little slugger's come by now, JP, why haven't I heard anything?) and was a little apprehensive about what to do at home with the little guy.


Well, this is how I spend my free time. I make matching jammies for my boys. It's even made of the flame-retardant material they say is essential for children's nightwear. But, not everyone enjoys the thrill of the serger or the soft droning hum of the sewing machine. But to me, it's MUSIC!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so impressed with your sewing skills! Why didn't anyone teach me how to sew?

Ashley said...

I echo Kel's comments. How do you have time to sew?

Jacqui said...

I can only sew when the kids are sleeping, otherwise Andy would pull the cords on the machines. I've also hired myself a 'mother's helper' (one of the 10 year olds in our ward) to come and play with Andy outside a few afternoons a week. That way I have time to nap or clean or do another project. Best $1/hour I spend in a week :)

Brenny said...

Wow, I have a very smart sister. I guess if you love to something enough you will find a way to fit it in. The jammies are great!