Friday, August 10, 2007

THE Friday Five

Here goes:

1. Kraig took a half day off yesterday and we drove down to Manti to eat dinner at the Manti House Inn. The author of my favorite cookbook, Cookin' with the Crazy Lady, is the cook there. She came to our table and sat to visit for the entire meal. It was really fun to meet her--one of my goals to get done before leaving Utah. I even had her sign my cookbook :)
2. While in Manti we went to the Manti Temple, and since we had the kids with us (and were wearing shorts) we played around the grounds. What a BEAUTIFUL temple!

3. It's about a 2 hour trip from our home to Manti. Unfortuantely the return trip home took about 3.5 hours because of stopping to feed Josh and being stuck in construction traffic for 60 minutes in Spanish Fork Canyon. Andy woke up (it was about 8:30 when we woke up and didn't go back to sleep until 11) and just chilled while we sat in the car listening to Harry Potter #5 on tape.

4. Tonight the Webbs are all coming up to Heber to spend the night at Heber Valley Camp, the Church's campground for Girl's Camp. The facilities are so nice with bathrooms, showers, hot water, a fridge, cabins, etc. Anytime I can have hot water and a shower while camping, I'm set. We'll go hiking and play around the lake and then we're going to a rodeo tomorrow night. Since we're leaving in a few weeks we feel like we have to cram in as much family time as possible
4.5 One of my favorite things about laundry day is hanging my clothes to dry on the line outside. I count up the pennies I save by not running my dryer each time I clip a shirt to the clothesline. But now that my dryer is super-effecient, it may not be necessary. But where will I get that 'dried on the line' smell?


5. Warner posted her 'How I met my husband' story on her blog and included a photo of them on their wedding day. She looked so beautiful, and the story was so fun, I thought I'd do an abridgement of the same.

Kraig and I met June 19th 2004 in Centerville. I was living with my cousin, Alli (who hasn't written in ages) and they knew each other from high school. Kraig called Alli to see if she wanted to go waterskiing. She said, 'Uh, sure, but can my cousin come?' 'Ya, sure she can come. How old is she?' (Kraig says he was wondering my age to know if he needed to bring a child's lifevest, but I'm not so convineced).

We went up to Pineview and the water was horrible! Kraig took me out behind the boat to teach me how to knee board, asked me out the following Monday and we were married 7 months later:)
It's fun to post a photo of me when I was beautiful and skinny! I wasn't always a lumpy, sour milk smelling mama!

4 comments:

Brenny said...

What a great Friday Five! Okay, the 4.5 did throw me off a bit at first. Anyway, how fun that you got to meet and chat with the cookbook lady. And how great is the story of how you met Kraig -- cute picture too. Have fun with the Webbs this weekend!

Ashley said...

I agree with Brenny--great 5! Cool that you tracked down your cookbook lady, impressive that you hang clothes outside with real clothespins, and great love story! Beautiful picture! When I posted mine I wondered if anyone would know I was the same person.

LKC said...

I love your Friday five. I think I may start one of my own. I'm with you on showers when camping. I always have more fun if I'm not sticky and stinky.

Jacqui said...

*