I bought a mis-cut board from Home Depot and had it recut to the size I wanted for $.50. I added a few screws to make this:

I also bought some "oops" paint at Home Depot for $1.00. Unfortunately it was extremely peachy. Blech.

I was hoping for something a little closer to my tangerine colored dishes, so I mixed my own color. Go Broncos! Bad decision.

So I went to go buy some new paint to cover up the mistake and came across some textured paint to make it look like stone. Another BAD idea.



Cut to 90 minutes of sanding the mistake off.

Sigh. So I went back to basic white. It took a few coats to cover up the ugly, but with the hooks, I think it turned out pretty darn cute.


So my inexpensive home improvement project turned out a little more expensive than I planned, but I'm so pleased with the results.

12 comments:
Way to hang in there! You are so resourceful/frugual/clever. I am so impressed by you. Thanks for sharing all your project-it really does inspire me to be better.
Wow! I love it! You are brilliant with these kinds of things. I would have never thought of adding the board and hooks. Well done.
Very nice. I'm very impressed, as usual. I'm also impressed with how straight your feet are in the first picture.
I love hooks. Your project looks great. I hate it when a project doesn't go just right. What do you mean you had to spend money on paint---haven't you been to Pop's garage?
It turned out so cute! And just for the record, I don't think the 'stone' looked that bad. Well, at least not in the picture. I have such industrious sisters! Love it.
It did turn out really great! I think you are are so creative and talented.
That looks great Jacqui? You can use a power drill? Teach me!
Yay! I love the orange jacket hanging on the hooks, too! I really admire you following the project all the way to the bitter end. It can be really disappointing when things don't go as planned. I have given up in similar situations. But you didn't and look how well it turned out. :)
What an adventure! I really like the white. It turned out way cute in the end. Great job! I'm also impressed by your pretty decent ballet turnout in the first picture. ;)
It looks darling! Way to stick with it!
I must say, all that effort was well worth it.
Oh my gosh it's adorable! I'd say it was worth the effort, but I also know I wasn't there holding your hand through the whole ordeal.
Post a Comment