Thursday, January 22, 2009

SuperDogs

Tuesday we went to the National Western Stock Show. We splurged and got tickets for our family to a previously unknown "SuperDogs" show. It was fantastic. So entertaining watching a bunch of normal dogs do tricks and race. Andy was cheering so loudly, Kraig and I had to laugh.
This is the world-champion high jumping dog. He jumps higher than the highest high jumping horse. Amazing!
We also got to see all the animals at the petting zoo, and some of the stock animals getting groomed to be judged. I've never met a cow so furry.




Here are my handsome cowboys. Andy has cowboy boots on, can you tell? We tried to find him a hat like his daddy's, but none would fit ;)

11 comments:

Erika said...

So cute, tell Kraig we dig his hat!

Brenny said...

What a great hat! Darren would be jealous -- he always tells me he needs a cowboy hat but I never support/agree with him. What a fun family activity.

The jumping dog IS impressive.

What is Andy doing in the last picture? It keeps making me giggle. Rawrrrrrrrr!

Brenny said...

And Joshy isn't looking at the camera in any of the pictures. Was he bored? He just has this look...

Oh man, your kids make me laugh.

Ashley said...

That is so fun and perfect for little boys!

Helen said...

Cute family! The stock show is great fun. Brenda would have commented about the "smells." Josh looks like he is checking the ground for good places to step. :)

Jacqui said...

Well, he certainly needed to watch his step, that's for sure.

Brenda, you should buy Darren a cowboy hat. Really. It'll pay dividends :)

Robin Fisher said...

Dividends in the giggle category!!! But I thought that you needed a hat, too, Jacq.

Elizabeth said...

It looks like you had a great time. We've never been to the Stock show but everyone says how fun it is-I guess we'll have to check it out.

Please Pass the Green said...

You guys are such a fun family! If I lived near you, I would totally hang out with you. :) And I LOVE Andy's smiles in every one of the pictures. Hilarious!

Kelli said...

What a fun thing to do! You do need a hat or boots. Do you have boots? That high jumping dog was amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

That is the coolest looking cow that I have ever seen. What a fun day!