Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bit by bit

I added a shelf to my bedroom. What do you think?

Before


After

I don't plan on leaving the photos up there, but it looked better that way than bare. I might put a plant up there, but I'm pretty sure I'd forget to water it. The only plants that I can keep alive are aloe and they only require watering once a month. Any cute ideas for what would look fantastic up on that shelf?

9 comments:

Peay Family said...

My vote is for a garland of some sort and some candles or you could modge podge some letters in your last name. I like the shelf by the way.

So, this is really starting to get ridiculous. WHEN are we going to get together? I am pretty much open to anything. Your hubby's schedule seems to change more so why don't you let me know what day works for you and we will come over.

Christy said...

I like the shelf! And I like the pictures, but I think you need a couple of candles, and one big central picture to offset the smaller pix. That's it.

:)

Brenny said...

I do like the shelf -- it is super cute.

I think that wall needs some color.

Kelli said...

Cute shelf! I would suggest something but Alli and Tricia got my share of the decorator gene!

Chadlee said...

The shelf looks nice! I'm the same way with plants - can't keep anything alive.

Jacqui said...

Chadlee, I have a strange ability to breed aloe plants. I'll bring one to our play date on tuesday and you can have it.

Unknown said...

Silk plants/flowers don't need water....

Ashley said...

I like it! Plants would be nice. I also like haunting the Smith and Hawkin aisle at Target for good shelf things--silk plants, cool lanterns and the like.

A. said...

Looks cute. You are developing your decorating talent!