Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So today is our anniversary, but yesterday I surprised Kraig with a romantic dinner. Here's how it played out:


Kraig worked from 4-8:30, so while he was gone I got everything ready. I put his tuxedo, shoes, gel (to get rid of work hat hair) and cologne out in the garage with a note pinned to it that read, "Ready for this? Put this on and knock the door when you're ready." I also left him a single red rose which is what he did when he proposed (the first time). I was waiting on the other side of the door in my fancy dress in a spotless house, lit with candles.

We had a romantic candle lit dinner. Since our lives revolve around food, here was our menu:
Appetizer--Spinach artichoke bruschetta (there were more of them. I forgot to take the photo before we started eating)

Salad--Roasted onion and blue cheese in a baked shell with a white wine vinegar and shallot dressing

Entree--Chicken with Alfredo cream sauce over Farfalle, garnished with sauteed mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. Served with steamed broccoli.

Dessert--strawberry hearts and lime sherbet with vanilla ice cream in frozen lime peel cups.

After dinner we danced to our wedding CD and reminisced with our wedding album. It was a perfect evening.

Here's one more non-flash photo to capture a little more of the ambiance of the evening. It really was perfect.

15 comments:

Helen said...

Everything looks great! I have been so excited to find out how the evening went. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been that long! What a perfect evening! Great job!

Peay Family said...

Wow, can I get a private dinner prepared by you guys? I'm impressed. Congratulations as well.

So, next week I am absolutely free. Let me know when we can come over!

LKC said...

Wow, Jacqui! You look beautiful! And the menu is amazing!

Robin Fisher said...

Both of you look so good!! What a great idea. Congrats on 4 years.
May every year get better and better.

Ashley said...

Wow what a spectacular night! You look GORGEOUS!!! How fun. You are the best wife ever.

Christy said...

Seriously, is there anything you don't do? I know your husband is training to be a chef - but you could be one too! You guys could open a restaurant together. Have you seen the movie "No Reservations"? You could each have your own half of the kitchen. LOL.

Brenny said...

You do look beautiful! The food looks delicious. What a nice thing to do for your honey. Congratulations on 4 years!

Chadlee said...

Wow, what an amazing dinner. Very impressive! Congrats on your anniversary!

SnellieFam said...

you are amazing! Everything looks so yummy! Looks like there are two chefs in your family. Happy anniversary!

Christi said...

Loverly. Congrats on four years...time flies, eh?

A. said...

Will you cook for me? It is fast Sunday so maybe i'm obsessed with food!

Please Pass the Green said...

Yay!! I'm happy the evening went so perfectly! You're menu looked delish! And congrats on four years—that is a LONG time. Wow.

Trish said...

Nice job! Everything looks sooo good. Someday I'm going to cook again. :o)

Anonymous said...

Jacqui-
you look fantastic! good work on the dish and i am glad that you guys had a great anniversary!