Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brenda!

Today is my slightly older and more beautiful sister Brenda's birthday. Although I can't reveal her real age, here are 29 things I love about Brenda:
  1. She has beautiful long, straight, blond hair. I've always had to get mine that way with chemicals.
  2. She has blue eyes.
  3. She has beautiful hands and nails. We've always said she should be a hand model.
  4. She's very smart and has her Master's Degree in hydrogeology (I think?).
  5. Growing up Brenda always ran on her own time.
  6. We took two classes together in High School--Weight Training and Painting.
  7. We both failed Painting because she was always late driving us to school for the 1st period class.
  8. Brenda is my favorite book critic--we have a lot of the same opinions about authors and novels.
  9. For the last 3/4 of a year Brenda's been driving 90 minutes each way to come to work down by my house. I think she took the job so she could be by me :)
  10. During her lunch hours we've shared many laughs as we've walked, gone to the gym, and shopped at the Dollar Store for gum.
  11. Brenda chews an amazing amount of gum.
  12. This fall Brenda became and expert at canning jalapeno jelly made from a bumper crop of jalapenos in her back yard.
  13. She's hooked on ABC Family made for TV movies. I think her favorite on is Samari Girl (she's shown me clips and laughed again and again)
  14. Brenda knows every song. She got wind chimes from a roommate once because it was the only song Brenda couldn't sing.
  15. She loves to dance--in the grocery store, in the car, walking down the street.
  16. She has a sweet tooth. I can always coax her into stopping by my house on her way home if I tell her I've made cookies.
  17. Brenda loves my kids, probably the best out of all the nieces and nephews :) It's ok, Cory and Robin. Don't feel bad :)
  18. Brenda makes a mean batch of Pasta Frigoli soup.
  19. She used to crochet. I'm not quite sure why she stopped because she made beautiful things.
  20. Brenda is sometimes indecisive. No all the time. No sometimes. No wait...uh...ya, sometimes.
  21. We used to have a disease in our family called, "Brenda Syndrome." It had to do with spilling food on your front.
  22. Brenda owns the cutest shoes.
  23. Brenda writes a very funny blog. It's the highlight of my day.
  24. When Brenda was taking Drivers Ed she over turned going around a corner, hit the curb and popped the wheel off the rim.
  25. That's not the only accident she's been in. :)
  26. Brenda is very sweet and kind.
  27. Unless she's driving and then she yells and honks all the time. Darren's afraid she's going to get him beat up.
  28. Brenda's the 4th of 5, but always claimed middle child syndrome.
  29. Brenda makes me happy :)

I love you, Chica! Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Christi said...

BRENDA ROCKS!

Ashley said...

That was cute! Happy Bday Brenda! I love anyone who crashes the driver's ed car. And that you guys failed painting for being late every day. I love that the two of you have always been such great friends. 90 minutes each way is a loooong commute!

Brenny said...

You had me laughing SO hard! I should have had you write my list!

And just to clarify, we did not fail painting. Remember going in on a Saturday so we could do extra credit?

Seeing you every day has been a WONDERFUL outcome from taking the job. I'm going to miss seeing you guys that often!

And I didn't get my Masters. Sorry to burst that bubble!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Brenda! Thanks for the pictures Jacqui! I love her blog except there are not enough pictures of Brenda! Yours compliments it perfectly. Aren't sisters great?

Helen said...

Brenda is definitely an Arizona Sunshine Girl!

Christy said...

Love this post! Yay for sisters! As I was reading it, I wished I knew your sister too. So then I checked out her blog, which is great. And then I felt like a total stalker. LOL. :)