Friday, May 2, 2008

A few dollops of catch-up

Phew. It's good to be home. I must admit that vacation is great, but being home is better. Although definitely more responsibility (more surface area to be responsible for). But there were a few highlights of our trip that were not covered in Pottypolooza that I wanted to be sure got good mention:
  1. My cousin Trisha's wedding. One of the main reasons for the trip to Utah. The ceremony was beautiful, Trisha and Brandon were beautiful, and the kids were darling. I hope Kelli can post the video soon. The wedding didn't make the Tour because I left the kids at Grandma's house under the watchful eyes of Kathy and Chaz.
  2. I bought a new swimsuit. I bought my old one the week I came home from my mission and it gave up the ghost at a swim party in February, so it was definitely time for a new one. There was a flier taped to Mom Webb's door advertising a "Spring Boutique" with Modbe Swimsuits. Two of my cute and fashionable sisters-in-law have Modbe's so I was eager to check them out. I ended up finding one that I liked that was modest and that helped me not look like I've given birth to (and nursed) two children. When I told Kraig that I found a swimsuit that I thought I looked good in, he immediately insisted I buy it. I mean, honestly, how often do those jewels come along? Once again, this was a Mommys Only party, so it didn't make the tour booking. (I look just about as good as this model does ;).
  3. American Idol. I got to watch American Idol with my Father-in-law. Who knew?!? But the kids were in bed--no performances from the Pottyman needed--we had David.
  4. I spent two afternoons at my sister Cory's. We built a dresser with our bare hands! Argggg! Ok, ok, we used a nifty cordless drill that Creighton gave her for Christmas. That's beside that point. The dresser that we built was for the little girls' room and it was darling. I tried to find it online, but they only had it in black. I was totally covetous of the dresser and how cute it looked in their room. We also did a little cleaning out (switching seasonal clothes and things). But the best part of it was the visiting while we built and sorted. Andy and the girls played and Connor toted around his "little cuz," Joshua. It was great. But, Cory's didn't make the tour because he's "toured" there before. Rockstars never make return performances :)

  5. I bought a painting. My walls are seriously lacking large pieces of art. I just hadn't found anything that I was in love with that I would want to look at for the next 50 years (I figured something large for my wall would definitely be an investment). But when I saw this painting I knew it was the one. It was just what I wanted to say. Andy was actually there on both occasions that I went to Seagull to look at the painting (and ultimately buy it at 50% off...), but I figured this beautiful piece of art deserved an honorable mention. This isn't the exact print of what I got, mine's more oblong and includes more of the trees in the Grove.

  6. My sister-in-law Kristy and I worked on a big project for Mom and Dad Webb. We gathered photos from each of the families and compiled them into two large 11x17 documents, printed them at Kinkos, and laminated them to make them "place mats" for my in-laws to take with them to Japan. The idea was the place mats would be light and easy to pack and they would allow is to "eat dinner" with mom and dad each night. It was a bit of a hastle gathering the photos, but the finished product was worth it. Once again, I left the Performer at Grandma's under the rouse that I was at Kristy's "Watching the Jazz game on the big screen." Heartless, I know. (My scanner's not big enough to do the entire 11x17 document at once, so I had to do one of the pages in two "pages," but you get the idea.)

So all in all it was a fun, productive trip. I enjoyed a few moments' of reprieve from investigating the 'new' pottys everywhere we went.

2 comments:

Brenny said...

Sounds like you got to do so many fun things! The dresser looks cool and I definitely want to see the swim suit.

Robin Fisher said...

Can't wait to see the suit when we are hanging out by the pool in Colorado! Less than 2 weeks!!