Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

There are a lot of WONDERFUL MOTHERS that I'm grateful for today:



My Mom My mom taught me how to be a good mom. As I've married and started a family of my own, she's changed from being just my mom and caregiver to my friend. She is a wonderful grandma and loves my children almost as much as I do.


My Mother-in-law Kolene is a wonderful mother to my husband. She raised him to be strong and independent. She's also welcomed me (and all of her children-in-law) into her family as if we were born there. She is also a wonderful grandma, always ready with a smile and hug for my children.


My Sisters.I've learned something special about motherhood from each of my sisters: to work hard, have fun, laugh, teach them young to make good choices, share clothes, and be friends.


My Sisters-in-law Each of my sisters-in-law is special to me. Each has qualities as a mother that I strive to emulate everyday: patience, love, creativity, fun, and kindness.


My Grandmothers Both of my Grandmothers and Kraig's Grandmothers have left us an amazing heritage of strength and love that I hope to pass on to my children and grandchildren.


My Friends Although some aren't mothers yet, each one has helped me to realize the important role of friends in my children's lives and what a difference good friends can be.


Thank you, Mothers, for making my life more special.


Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

Yeah, we do have a great mom. Tonight I got a call from one of my old YW whose mom died of cancer last year. (Do you remember Fawn?) This was her first Mother's Day since her mom passed. She called to catch up and for some advice. As I was talking with her, I felt VERY grateful for our mom.

A. said...

Mom's are wonderful. Thank you for the mention...what on earth am I doing in that picture. And, yes, I check your blog at least once a day. Maybe that's why I think I know what's going on in your life. As I'm not a blogger I don't always realize how important it is to leave a comment.

Brenny said...

We have a great mom. That was a great tribute.

Christi said...

Okay, truth be told, I have been checking out your blog for a while now. I was just thinking today that I should let you know I was spying. I really love your take on motherhood...very positive. Thanks, you've been a good influence on me. I didn't realize you and Brenda lived close enough to jog together...that sounds so fun! Anyway-it's fun to reconnect via blogs. :)