So here's what I've been working on:
- WEBB--I realized that I don't have any family identifying features in our home. I'd been researching vinyl lettering for a few months for another project (see post at future date when I actually finish that project) when my sister Brenda told me about a project that she was going to do (or have done) in vinyl lettering for her new kitchen.
I liked the idea a lot, but I couldn't copy it exactly and she told me what it would cost to have the "professional" put it together and it was a little out of my price range. Anyway, I just happened to eat dinner at my neighbor's home and she was doing the exact same "FAMILY" thing for one of her walls, only instead of vinyl lettering on the glass she was painting it on. Eureka! That was my solution! So this is what I came up with:
I did WEBB first, and put it on the wall, but it seemed like something was missing. So I added this:
Both Kraig and I think it looks more complete now. Frames $6 (garage sales and walmart) Paint $1 Glue $3.50 Total Project $10.50 - I planted flowers.
I've been gathering flower pots at garage sales all spring. I'm not totally set on the arrangement of the pots, but I'm pretty pleased how they turned out. I'm excited for how pretty and full they'll be in a few weeks after a lot of good water and sun. I did end up over-buying flowers, so I'm keeping a lookout for more pots.
4 comments:
I love seeing your projects. The Webb frames are so cute! I can't believe you did it for 10 bucks! Did you use a stencil for the letters? I may have to copy that someday when I have space to display it.
I love how it turned out! I haven't gotten the FAMILY signs yet, but I plan on hitting some garage sales soon for cheap frames. It looks so good!
Love the flower pots. That is one thing I haven't done yet -- flowers on my front porch.
What a great idea! My mom did some cute sayings for my boys rooms for Christmas but I have yet to hang them!
I always get good ideas from you blog. I miss you Jacqui. Let me know the next time you're in Centerville, it would be great to see you. :)
Post a Comment