So viola! We've got all this 'extra' money to spend to stimulate the economy. What is the government expecting us to spend this money on? A new television (tempting), a vacation (also tempting), new furniture (I would love a dresser with drawers that open and close smoothly), or just whittle it away dollar by dollar on unimportant things at Wal-mart until all that is left is a hole in our savings account where the money used to be a little more fodder for my garage sale.
So we've decided to spend it on (Drum roll, please) Kraig's tuition! I can't think of a better way to stimulate the economy than to further my husband's second year of his second education :) Exciting, I know. But hey, at least we don't have to go into debt to do it! (He did get the other scholarship for which he had applied, so our portion is smaller still. Yahoo!)
Ok. ok, we'll have money left over after his tuition is paid. Maybe I will get that new television...
Oh and I bought some new patio chairs :) 

What are you spending your economic stimulus payment on?
6 comments:
What a cute patio table! I think part of our money will go toward buying another ac window unit! Tyler never installed the one last year so we finally just took it back after sweltering all summer. The rest we will whittle away at Target and Safeway.
Umm, we are saving ours for a family vacation after Mike gets home. It is always more fun to spend money together.
That is pretty much the same thing that our is going to be used for. Tuition, yahoo!!
Um, have I been out of America too long? How do I get one of these stimulus payments?
Our government money will go towards the new car -- and we will wish is was going towards a new bedroom set, carpet, patio furniture...
What? Who's this "redweedybug" bloque?
Post a Comment