
So we have to get a new transmission on our 'new' van. I discovered on Wednesday that my car had lost it's ability to reverse. That's bad. As far as car repairs go, this one's a doosey. Apparently it's not that uncommon in Chrysler minivans for the transmission to poop out with such low mileage (we're still under 40K). I also think it's a little because the car sat so often with the previous owner, hence the low miles. So that stinks. It's just more money--trading one thing for another thing.
But the part that really stinks is that we're supposed to leave Sunday to go to Brenny's. They invited is to come and watch the Super Bowl, stay the night and then leave from their house early the next morning to go to Utah for Kraig's sister's wedding. Who knows where this leaves us. Our second car is also a Dodge Caravan (am I noticing a trend here) that is older and we're a little concerned about it's ability to make it over the mountains. In fact, as I type this Kraig is at the shop getting a few things done on the car. Once again, it's just more money.
But the part that really stinks is that we're supposed to leave Sunday to go to Brenny's. They invited is to come and watch the Super Bowl, stay the night and then leave from their house early the next morning to go to Utah for Kraig's sister's wedding. Who knows where this leaves us. Our second car is also a Dodge Caravan (am I noticing a trend here) that is older and we're a little concerned about it's ability to make it over the mountains. In fact, as I type this Kraig is at the shop getting a few things done on the car. Once again, it's just more money.
6 comments:
I hate cars sometimes. When will they be able to install the new transmission? I hope you are still able to go to Utah. Keep us updated.
Ouch. That sucks, pure and simple. I hope you still get to go on your trip!
I feel so helpless when my car breaks down. It's the worst.
Bummer. But look at the bright side, at least Kraig is able to do some repairs and save you some money. Be grateful. At our house my husband and I are equally clueless!!
So, apparently I am now Olivia. I have no idea where that came from. I didn't even notice it until after I have published my post. I wonder how many times I have done that before? Oops!
Ya, I wa really confused as to who Olivia was.
Post a Comment