Thursday, February 21, 2008

Disconnected

You know how when you have a cold you feel like you're walking around with your head in a bubble

Well, maybe not EXACTLY like this, but pretty close. So I woke up this morning and I felt so horrible, I was sure I was going to die. I told Kraig that he could remarry when I die, but that he had to choose someone who would love my boys. He assured me I wasn't dying and passed me some ibuprofen (since it's the ONLY medicine I can take while nursing).


So I'm feeling a bit better. It's been so long since I wasn't either pregnant or nursing that I don't even remember what it's like to take anything other than ibuprofen.


I put the boys down for their naps, intent on resting myself for those blessed 2 hours too. I settled myself on my bed with a book, a bowl of pretzles and mustard (mustard's the only thing I can taste) and pick up my phone to call my mom for a little chat, and the phone's dead. I check all the lines and not one is off the hook. My internet is working just fine and so after a lengthy call to Qwest on my cell phone, we decide that a tech needs to come out to fix the problem. As close as I can tell, the problem is on their side of the line. If that's the case, the visit from the tech is free. If I'm mistaken and the problem is on my side of the line, it's $85 just to have the tech come out and tell me that, not including the charges to fix the problem. Of course I didn't opt to pay a monthly fee for insurance against instances like this.

So my phone's disconnected. I'm a bubble head and I can't talk on the phone. Phooey.

PS--the spell check function on blogger hasn't worked on my computer for over a week (hense all the speling miztaks). Is anyone else having that problem?

7 comments:

Brenny said...

You make me laugh! I think I stared at that bubblehead picture for 2 minutes before I realized it wasn't anyone I knew.

I'm so sorry you feel rotten. I hope you were able to get a nap while the boys were down. I guess I'm hoping you didn't forgo the nap to talk to Qwest... Do you need me to call and yell at someone? I will! Are you sure? Okay.

Jacqui said...

I did forego the nap to talk with Qwest--and my neighbor. I had to hunt down a corded phone to test the line outside. Who has corded phones these days?

LKC said...

I know the feeling. I hate it when phones/ internet isn't working. I feel so trapped.

And my spell check isn't working either.

Peay Family said...

Um. is the ibuprofen while nursing a universal rule? Because I certainly haven't adhered to it. I have a horrible cold as well but I am completely drugged on Tylenol Cold and thus blissfully ignorant of how sick I really am.

I hope you get feeling better soon. It sounds like you guys have had a rough month as far as sickness is concerned.

Oh, and my spell check just fixed "ibuprofen" so I guess it is working.

Jacqui said...

I've never gotten a strong 'go ahead' from my pharmacist to take ANYTHING while nursing. But they gave me massive doses of ibuprofen after my c-section, so I know it's okay while nursing.

Please Pass the Green said...

i didn't know blogger had spell check! luckies.

i'm in the bubble with you. i hope you're feeling better. i've been sick all week, and the last thing i can fathom is keeping up with children at a desperately yucky time like this. once again, i don't know how you and other moms do it. i guess i'll do it, too, someday, and not think much about it. the show must go on!

Anonymous said...

I miss you! And you are the coolest bubblehead I know! I have, of course, voted for you to come back to Utah. I hope you're feeling better!