Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Online Book Club

I am always looking for a good book. I love it when my fellow bloggers post recommendations of good books that they've read. I always promptly add the recommended book to my online request queue at my local library. They graciously will pull the book for me have it waiting on a little shelf with my name on it. On the book, not the shelf :)

So usually the books I read are the recommendations from others. I've even joined and Online Book Club, Goodreads, for more suggestions from my friends. It's pretty helpful because in 5 stars I know who liked which book.

At a Webb family snow mobiling trip about two years ago my sweet sister-in-law loaned me a book for an evening. I was hooked after the first 15 pages and promptly went to my own library to find it after Jen took it home with her. I just finished rereading it (again!) and feel I need to
share the greatness of this story with all my online friends.


I can't find an online jacket cover description on the book that does it justice, so please, please, please just take my word for it and read it. If it doesn't sound interesting in the least to you, just give it 15 pages or 30 minutes and I promise you'll be in for the long haul. I'd love to hear each of your comments as you finish it, so I'll put a link back to this post on the side bar.

Enjoy!

As I was looking for a picture of the jacket to post online I discovered that there is a SECOND book about Sarah Agnes Prine, Sarah's Quilt. I promptly added it to my queue and will post about it when I finish it.

4 comments:

Brenny said...

I am exited to read this book! I'm moving it up on my list...

Peay Family said...

Thanks for the tip. I just placed a hold at my own library. I am always looking for something good to read so please be sure to let me know of anything else that you like. By the way, how far away is Golden from where you live. Will we almost be neighbors?

Jon and Diana said...

I've placed it on hold at the library. Good thing we don't all live in the same city!

Kelli said...

I loved this book also! Isn't it amazing. Thanks for the tip on the second one!