Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Recap

We had a wonderful holiday. It was a 'Rencher' year, so all of my siblings were able to come for Christmas. Cory, Creighton and the kids got here the Friday before Christmas and Robi and the kids flew in late Sunday night. There's a long-standing joke in our family that Robin is my Dad's favorite, so we surprised her at the airport with this sign:
She didn't know that anyone besides my parents would be there to pick her up, and the rest of us kids were banking on tears of joy at seeing our smiling faces, but no luck. We'll have to pull out all the stops next time.

We spent Christmas Eve together as a family and then Kraig and I came home and had a quiet and lovely Christmas morning with just our little family. Andy got a few new toys, some jammies, clothes, and games and Joshy got a new mattress for his crib. Not that exciting, I know. I didn't even wrap it. I considered buying him some diapers to put under the tree, but ended up needing to open the package before Christmas morning. Mom and Dad Webb gave us a little money to buy some things for the kids from them and so we bought doorway/stairway gates. :) Also not too exciting, but I'm so glad to have them! One of Kraig co-workers handed down this toy:

Joshy LOVES it! We used to have one with wheels for Andy, but knowing that our new home had stairs, it got left behind in Utah. This one is more engaging anyway and the price was right: FREE!
It was so fun to have everyone home. 2 years ago it was fun to have 3 babies under 3 months together for Christmas. This season it was a handful to have 3 two year-olds, but they had so much fun together. Andy asks me daily for Amanda and Emmalee (and Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Darren, Fuzzy, Adam, Aunt Cory...). I'm sad that ALL my sisters don't live close enough to play on a regular basis. My parents ate up the time with their grandkids, always telling us adults to 'go out and have fun and don't worry about the kids.' It was grand!

2 comments:

Ashley Preston said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas! I lvoed the pictures. Your Christmas morning sound slike ours. William is too young to remember or care so I think we gave him two new books. We just let the grandparents do the spoiling! It worked out nicely.

Bryce and Karlene said...

Glad that your Christmas was so great. We missed you guys but how fun to have all of your family together in Colorado. Hope you rang in the New Year with lots of noise! Sure love you!
p.s. we are looking forward to seeing you in Feb