Friday, January 18, 2008

Where do I begin?

We're up and running. I opted to not pay an extra $60 and have some Qwest serviceguy hook up my DSL, but do it myself instead and I'm so glad I saved the money. It was easy-breezy. Why pay someone else for something I can do myself?

How did I ever have the patience to blog with dial-up? Actually, I know. While my photos would upload (average time:10 minutes for 2 pictures), I would read my book. I got a lot of reading done while I was on the computer.

I must admit that it was a little nice not having the Internet for a few days. I took a nap while the kids were sleeping (usually my blog time). I finished some projects that have been on my to-do list for weeks/months. But the novelty wore off. I found myself wondering aimlessly around the house wondering what I could do to pass the time and it just became annoying that I'd lost my creativity. Does the computer really encompass me so much?


Here are a few highlights of what went on while I was disconnected:


Kraig's little sister is getting married in a few weeks. She's requested that all the nephews and nieces wear black pants and an olive, plum, navy, or cranberry shirt. I had a beastly time finding shirts for my boys (Kraig too. He's supposed to wear olive or navy to match the tie). We searched Kohls, Pennys, Men's Wearhouse, BabysRUs, etc, but found nothing for any of them. I finally found a shirt for Andy at TJmax, a shirt for Kraig at the thrift store (a $2.95 score!), and a vest for Josh at the children's consignment shop. All in olive green. They'll look darling (I'm wearing plum). I sewed these pants for the boys last weekend when Brenda came over for a birthday sewing party. I'm a little amazed at how good they came out. I'm always amazed when I sew something that looks like I bought it. Kraig tells me that I need to sew more often because the finished product always brings me such joy and accomplishment.

While I was sewing the pants, Brenda made Joshua a car seat blanket. It's so warm and cuddly; Joshy loves it. I think this picture makes him look like the flying nun.

We put Andrew in a 'big boy bed.' Really, we just took the front gate off of his crib so voila! it's a toddler bed. It was a little traumatic the first few nights/nap times, but he's pulled through like a champ. After one traumatic 'going down for a nap' scene, he woke up like this:


It looks like I beat him, but he just fell asleep on his hands. Cute boy.

Joshy's sitting up! He's really good now and can hold it for long periods of time without falling over.

Kraig grew a goatee. One morning during breakfast I noticed that all of my boys seemed to have grown them. Andy's: Ketchup; Joshy's: Rice cereal.

Joshua loves playing in his activity circle. Andy loves helping Josh play there. Andy loves letting his Snuggle Bear and Bob the Penguin play there too. Sometimes there's barely any room for Joshua.

4 comments:

Brenny said...

Yea for highspeed. Can I tell you how much I loved the pictures of all your boys? They just made me giggle. Especially the flying nun picture -- Josh has such an impish smile on his face, I love it.

The pants turned out great...

Jon and Diana said...

I think I could pass lots of hours sewing! The only problem is that I don't know how to use a pattern and usually make my own, and that makes most of my projects turn out "interesting".

Bryce and Karlene said...

Hey Jaqui, Happy that you're up and running. Your pictures look cute. Glad to have you back on. See you soon.

Joanna said...

Your kids are adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! :)