Joshy caught a virus from somewhere and is really sick.
I'm grateful that my children are mine. I felt that immediate connection with each of them the first time I heard the heartbeat. I wept with joy when I held them in my arms for the first time and recognized the divinity within each of them--the glow from Heaven as they were passed from Our Father's arms to mine and Kraig's.

Somehow because of this physical, emotional and spiritual bond with my boys I'm given the strength as their Mommy to care for them through the worst of it. Bloody, scary head injuries. Holding my baby as he's so violently ill he can't even cry out. Somehow I can send my tired husband to bed and do load after load of barfy laundry.
Sometimes I get discouraged because I think my job is hard. But there's no other job I'd rather be doing. No other full-time job would have such great benefits: snuggles from someone who trusts me so completely to make everything all better.
That's the best paycheck I could ever receive.
8 comments:
Great post, and for not getting a lot of sleep, you look very cute. Joshy looks a little bleary, but better. I hope he is feeling better!
I just left the funniest message on your last post. Okay, I think it is funny and maybe with your bleary lack of sleep you will, too...
I wish that photo were from today and that I was that well put together, but alas, it is not. That was from Andy's birthday 2 weeks ago :)
Today I'm sporting flat air-dried hair, broken-out complexion, no makeup, red, puffy, tear-stained, tired eyes, and my 3 year old gray sweatsuit. Charming!
I'm so sorry. Your kids probably got sick from playing at my house. I sprayed the house down with Lysol. I guess it wasn't enough. I feel so bad. I hope you guys are better soon. Me and the kids took Airborne and didn't get as sick as Sam did.
Sorry to hear things are so icky at your house! My youngest only got sick last week, but no else so far.
Hmmmm Perhaps he got it in nursery.
h.
I hear you gal! It isn't a job for sissies although I am one every now and then! I hope he is feeling better. I hate it when little ones are so sick. Give it to me instead!
Amen. That was beautiful. You are a sweet mom and wife. I hope he's feeling better!
You are such a good mom Jacqui. I need to read posts like this to help me try to think like you do - that there's no other job I'd rather be doing. It's so hard, especially after a sleepless night.
Post a Comment