Friday, December 19, 2008

Frugal is my middle name. Jacqui Frugal Webb

This is the Christmas wreath I made out of some wire hangers and the branches from my pine tree in the backyard that Kraig pruned a few months ago. Not nearly as cool as Brenda's tree made of a tomato cage and garland (unconfirmed).

I'm pretty proud of how it turned out and that it's almost round AND that I had lights to go on it. I might make it a tradition to make a wreath. Or I'll buy a fake one after Christmas.

11 comments:

Brenny said...

Great wreath and I think it is so cool that you made it out of clippings from your own tree. Very Martha Stewart of you. And lights! That is a whole other level.

Brenny said...

Our little tree was made from a tomato cage and the garland we did not string on our bannister. You are correct. I got the idea from a Southern Living catalogue a lady in my ward and I were looking through. I certain Darren was saying something like, "My nutty wife," while I was putting it together, but I was desperate! Our house needed Christmas, especially after I came to your house and saw your great tree.

Also, the sister missionaries seemed sad and a little pitying that we had no decorations when they came over last Sunday.

Brenny said...

Oh! The Southern Living magazine also had a bunch of homemade wreaths and tips for making them. When I saw your wreath it totally reminded me of them. Yours is cuter because you didn't get it out of a book. My tree is from a book...

Jacqui said...

I think that they should add a spell check feature to the comment portion of Blogger, what do you think? Should I start an e-petition on facebook?

Brenny said...

Yes, you should. See if they can do a grammer check, too. I was re-reading my comments and was very sad to see I sounded like a hill billy.

So I found a cute online book club to join. Are you game?

Jacqui said...

Of course! What's the address? Maybe you should email me so everyone else doesn't know about it. You know, like Cory and Robin :)

Jacqui said...

wait. Cute like "We read Martha Stewart Weddings" every month, or books about kittens. I might have to graciously bow out if so.

Erika said...

Jacqui you are so frugal and thrifty without being cheap! That's one thing I love about you. Big Lots has inexpensive wreaths that will probably be even more on sale after Christmas.

A. said...

Couldn't you and Brenda acutally have a conversation on the phone, or do you communicate only through blogs? Love you both!

P.S. wouldn't it be Phil Frugal Webb?

Kelli said...

That is so funny! As I was reading throught the comments I was thinking wouldn't it be easier to just have a real conversation and then my brilliant sister beat me to the punch!
Amazing wreath. Amazing woman and who is Phil?

Kelly Job said...

We have vines that grow on our house that make nice wreaths if you want to try a new kind sometime