Monday, December 1, 2008

One Year Older, and Wiser Too!


3 Years ago today we welcomed our little Sunshine to our family.
Andrew was born on 1 December 2005 at 8:23pm by C-Section after I was in labor for a day. He was beautiful and perfect and we were so excited to welcome him to our family.
Here are a few fun facts about Andy:
  • He rolled over when he was 3 months old
  • He walked when he was 10 months old
  • He became a big brother when he was 19 months old
  • He's always been his Daddy's little shadow, wanting to do whatever Kraig does
  • He's very smart and very tall for his age so people are always surprised when they find out he's so young
  • He loves playing with friends
  • He loves all kinds of balls--soccer balls, baseballs, tennis balls, basketballs
  • He loves to sing and knows all the Prophets in "Latter-Day Prophets"
  • He's always doing something to make us laugh. Silly songs, funny games
  • He loves to watch movies. He'd sit for hours watching shows if I'd let him
  • He's so tender and sensitive. He doesn't like people to yell or even talk too loudly. Just this week he sweetly reminded me that "We're using our nice voices today, Mommy."
  • He loves his Grandmas and Grandpas. He constantly wants to Skype or call them
  • He always asks to play with his cousins by name--I wish they lived closer
  • He loves to talk on the phone. We can hardly make a phone call without passing the phone to him to say hi.
  • He decided to spend his birthday eve just like I did 3 years ago--in the hospital. Thankfully we weren't there for 3 days before we could leave--just 3 staples.

Happy Birthday, My Boy! We love you and we're so glad you came to our family!

10 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe he's three already! Wow. Such a cutie.
I keep staring that those stitches in his head while I'm writing this... completely distracting. Scary!
:)

Brenny said...

Happy Birthday, Andy! I'm so glad you are in our family!

Christi said...

Eeewww, what happened? And, what's the update on the birthday party?

Three years flies by, huh?

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Andy! I am sorry about your head.

LKC said...

Happy Birthday, Andy!

Explain the staples. Ugg, they joys of raising boys, right?

So how tall is he exactly? I was thinking he looked a lot taller than Josh (I mean, more than 19months older taller).

Helen said...

Andy is a sunshine boy and he is a joy to this Grandma! Happy Birthday, Andy!

Jon and Diana said...

Happy birthday Andrew!! and are you going to explain the staples??

Nichols said...

You can't post a pic like that without a story! What's the staple story??

Elizabeth said...

That head does not look good. I hope he is feeling okay. December 1 looks like a pretty great day for both of us. Phoebe's birthday is also Dec. 1. What lucky moms we are. How cute he is-Hope he had a great birthday even with the staples.

Ashley said...

I forgot that you had to have a c-section AFTER labor! That is horrendous! But he is so sweet and cute, so it must have been worth it!