Monday, December 29, 2008

Praises be



Help me out here. I really believe that I need to be better in showing my family and friends how much I love and appreciate them. I think I do a good job, but apparently there's some miscommunication on my part. So if everyone would be so kind as to take this little test and let me know your highest score, I can hopefully be a better friend.

And just so there's no confusion, I took the test too. My love language is Words of Affirmation(40% of my responses favored that type of love). For example, that means for me to feel loved you need to tell me how much you enjoyed the cookies I made or that you thought my new shirt was sassy. I might appear to brush off the compliment, but inside my heart is soaring!

Thanks.

9 comments:

Bryce and Karlene said...

Hey Jacqui- just took you fun test and scored a big 27% on words of Affirmation, 23% on quality time and the rest all tied at 17% so I guess I need all of them everyday to feel good about myself. No "high maintanance" here at our house. I guess Bryce can suffer through all of them to help me feel"Loved"(poor guy!). The test was fun and can't wait to have Bryce take it too. By the way, you look so beautiful,the PJ pants you made are awesome, your hair is so dang cute and your many talents you have put all of us to shame. I really do mean all of that! But, if you ever need to feel loved by someone besides Kraig you can read this over and over again!

Lisa said...

Okay, my highest was Acts of Service at 30%, and then quality time at 27% And by the way, I am amazed at your creativity and talent - luminaries, pjs, and I definitely wanted to eat that cinnamon pull apart! Wow. I'm impressed. We missed you at the Christmas party, hopefully we'll see you soon!

Brenny said...

I tied with Acts of Service and Quality Time -- 27%. That's right. I'm bilingual. :) ACtually, my other ones were that far off -- they were in the 20's, too, except for gift giving. I guess that answers why Darren and I don't make a big deal about getting gifts for birthdays and anniversaries...

Erika said...

I am bilingual, appreciation and physical touch. I think I am just needy overall.

I can't wait for josh to take that test! It was fun!

Jacqui said...

Kraig took the test too. His love language is Quality Time. So we'd be the perfect couple if while we spent massive amounts of time together, he showered me with praise and affirmation. :)

An ideal world, really.

Trish said...

We got this book from someone when we got married, but I've never taken a test like this. Mine was Acts of Service, 37%, and Quality Time, 30%. I'll have to have Trevor take it too. :o)

Elizabeth said...

I took the test and got 30% for Acts of Service, and my next two highest at 23% were Quality Time and physical Touch-very, very interesting! I can't wait to see how Trent answers.......

Christy said...

Well, since I'm not married, I had to imagine how I would feel about those answers. Here's what I came up with:
30% Acts of service
27% Quality Time
27% Physical Touch
13% Words of Affirmation
and 3% Receiving gifts... I feel bad for whoever I end up with - when he messes up, those "Sorry" gifts won't get him very far! LOL.
:)
Cool quiz.

A. said...

We use the love languages all the time at work. I've noticed that sometimes we like to give and receive differently. My dad was all about giving gifts, but he was a definite touch guy. I personally give acts of service and I've learned to give words of affirmation and physical touch--you wouldn't believe how many hugs I give in a day. To receive love I think words would top the list. I didn't take the test, but I'll have to keep it in mind for work! Love you girl!