This has been quite a week. Between 2 ER trips (one to get the staples and one to get them out), the birthday, watching a friend's daughters for two days, the birthday party, presidency meeting, Christmas tree hunting, anticipating a diet consult (that got postponed, thankfully), ward Christmas party for which I was asked to make rolls, primary breakfast with Santa and preparing a Relief Society lesson, I'm spent. That's it. I'm done. Ding! Dinner's ready.

Does anyone else feel like life's kicked into hyperspeed? I feel like I'm constantly rushing towards the next big thing without hardly giving time to digest the 'current' big thing. My baby will be 18 months old at the beginning of January. Where has the time gone? I was 9 months pregnant when Andy was 18 months old. I can't even imagine being at that stage of life again, but I can't seem to slow things down to enjoy where I am. Being a mom is a tough job.
12 comments:
I'm totally with you. I keep saying I just want one day where I have nothing pressing to do, where I can relax and have life slow down for just a minute. It never seems to happen though. I have found that with kids you actually can watch time fly-kids change so quickly, I always am asking where has the time gone?
If you find a way to slow things down let me know. I always think my break is right around the corner but really I haven't made it around that corner yet. My mom just keeps telling me to enjoy my kids because they are gone so fast. Trying. If only they would stand still for a moment!
Thank you for stating that loud and clear! I am no where near as busy as you, but life is only going to get busier!! (is that a word?) You are pretty much super mom in my mind!
I agree, I think time is definitely speeding up. Hey, I was wondering if I could get that secret roll recipe - ever since I saw those pictures, I've been wanting to eat some really yummy rolls, and I don't have a good roll recipe. Please help the pregnant cravings!
Wow, I can totally relate. I had a week of lots of things to do and at eight o'clock sunday night when the last thing was finished I breathed a huge sigh of relief and went straight to bed. I don't think that things ever really slow down though.
Ditto on the life going so fast, and I don't even have kids yet!
Ditto- wait till you are juggling 4! I thought coming home full time I'd have more time, now I think it was a drug induced illusion! HaHa
Wow! What a weekend. I won't pretend to be anywhere close to your point in life. But I've said it before and I'll probably say it again - Jacqui Rencher, you are amazing! :) Keep up the great work.
Wow, Sis. Two ER visits is enough to put anyone over the edge. :)
To all the other mothers out there--hang in there. If we give up--the children win! Don't give up!
So, I have a freezer full of hallaca and pan de jamon. We REALLY need to get together so I can share the goods with you!!
I think children have danger radar - if they're going to run into a table, they can't just hit the flat side. It has to be the corner. Every time. I offered so many prayers of gratitude for cheekbones and browbones and hard skulls that kept my kids from injuring their eyes and from incurring skull fractures. I also firmly believe children have angels standing in their way in church parking lots when their mommies have their hands full of calling-related stuff and siblings.
I agree about the hyperspeed. I feel like I just started work and it has been 6 months! Crazy!
Post a Comment