Monday, November 17, 2008

Every Weekend Should Be So Great

Phew. What a weekend! We had a marathon few days packed full of fun, fun, fun! Here's my to-do list:

  1. Clean the whole house by myself while Kraig's at work--including steam cleaning the carpets. Grocery shop and keep kids entertained enough to not destroy what I just created. CHECK!

  2. Pick up Kurt, Tina, and Paisley at the airport. Don't be late when their flight comes in 20 minutes early. CHECK!

  3. Wake up early to prepare for diet consult. CHECK!

  4. Gather snow clothes for Kraig and the boys for the first snow storm of the season. CHECK!


  5. Drive everyone out to Kraig's work and the Denver Temple. CHECK!

  6. Realize my video camera is broken. CHECK!

  7. Make 60 rolls (Warner's recipe) for the Enrichment Dinner. CHECK!

  8. Watch "Leatherheads" with Kraig, Kurt, and Tina. Try to not fall asleep even though it's later than you've stayed up in months. CHECK!

  9. Drop kids off at Grandma's and drive to Colorado Springs for the BYU v. Air Force football game. CHECK!

  10. Tailgate. CHECK!

  11. Try and stay warm and watch BYU win! Yeah! Go Cougs! CHECK!

  12. Go out to dinner. CHECK!

  13. Stay up late and watch "Freedom Writers." CHECK!

  14. Scramble to get everything ready before church because I didn't do it on Saturday. CHECK!

  15. Church. CHECK!

  16. Skype. CHECK!

  17. Plan/prepare dinner to be on the table at 5:15. CHECK!

  18. Try not to get annoyed that the risotto took too long. CHECK!

  19. Skype. CHECK!

  20. Clean up dinner. CHECK!

  21. Play games. CHECK!

  22. Try and get to bed earlier. CHECK!

  23. Enjoy Kraig's French omelets for breakfast. CHECK!

  24. Take Kurt and Tina to the airport. CHECK!

Phew. I think I'm coming down with something from the long day/short night routine. I could say, "I'm glad it's over!" but we had so much fun and jam packed the weekend with such great company and activities, that I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for coming, Kurt and Tina!

8 comments:

Christy said...

Holy rusted metal, Batman!! Rencher, you are my hero. You're quite simply astonishing. Great weekend. Now get some sleep, if you can!

Brenny said...

What a fun weekend! The game sounded great. Did I tell you I'm in charge of making rolls for Thanksgiving? I'm going to need some recipes and tips...

Robin Fisher said...

busy, busy. I am glad you had fun. The boys looked so cute in their snow stuff!

Ashley said...

I got all hung up right in the beginning when you cleaned your whole house and the carpets, apparantly with kids around. Please tell me that in a few months my kids will entertain each other enough that I will be able to do that!

Good work on the rolls, too. That's a lot of work! I hope they turned out. I feel responsible.

Jacqui said...

Ash, everyone RAVED about the rolls. Didn't I send you an email thanking you for sharing the recipe with the world? Well, if I didn't, I meant to :) Your rolls are now famous in Centennial, CO.

Jon and Diana said...

I should probably focus on how fabulous you are for doing all of those things and having so much fun, but I gasped at the Broken video camera part. Yikes!! Okay, now I can comment on the rest. You are amazing. Today I told jon that I was going to make dinner every night (no eating out, not frozen). He gently said he didn't think we could do it. Right.. I need to be a better wife and mom, and it isn't going to get easier. You are a good example! thanks!

Kelli said...

Wow girl1 What a weekend of fun and accomplishment! Good times!

Chadlee said...

Wow, you are Wonder Woman. I'm worn out just reading about your weekend. I didn't realize we missed so much snow while we were gone. It looks like the boys enjoyed it!