As I'm sure you all know, here's our new President.
So congrats, Sen. Obama. Use your power wisely. Make our country a better place to live.
I'll admit it. I didn't vote for him. I don't agree with everything for which he stands. But regardless of how the election turned out, I have to have take confidence that there were lots (and lots) of good people with high moral standards who voted FOR him. I don't think he would have won otherwise.
I believe we have a good country. I believe the majority of our country (and I pray our country's leaders) have righteous intentions to make our world a better place, even if they don't agree completely with my political and social views.
So congrats, Sen. Obama. Use your power wisely. Make our country a better place to live.
10 comments:
Well put chica.
Jacqui-
Kameron and I have really had fun looking at your blog. I agree about everything you said politically. Kyle and I stayed up to watch history being made last night. I am axious to see what happens in the future.
Thanks for the boost I was experiencing some serious election blues but you helped me see the bright side. Thanks!!
Thank goodness I am not the only one who voted for McCain. I have been stunned by how many of my friends have told me today they voted for Obama--citing his optimism and charm but not a thing about their taxes, abortion rights, or national security.
But what can we do now but be supportive and pray for him! I don't want to be one of those people who was obnoxiously anti-bush for the past 8 years, but did nothing to better the nation themselves.
Well said Jacqui!
Agreed. I'm glad that the nation is happy to have "broken through racial boundaries"... but I'm worried. I don't agree with Obama's politics. I think he could do an incredible amount of damage to our country in a very, very short time (look at just this past year in Bush's term...) But thank you for being so positive, here's to hoping for the best.
Okay, somehow my comment showed up three times... Rencher, mind deleting the dupes? :)
Jacqui, you are a good woman! I am proud to call you my friend!
Post a Comment