Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Buck Stops Here

I hardly ever step on the scale. Ever since I reached my "goal figure" a while back, I just assumed I was hovering around that magical number on the scale. My clothes still fit (ok, a little bit tighter), and I usually get a little exercise pretty regularly. I thought I was doing ok.

Kraig's doing a nutrition course for school. As part of the course we were figured out our BMIs (Body Mass Index) and I stepped on the scale.

I gained 10 pounds.

I suppose that's what I get for becoming relaxed about eating right and exercising everyday.

I'm doing a post about this as a commitment to myself to STOP gaining and make it through the holidays on a downward trend.

I'll report back at the New Year.

12 comments:

LKC said...

I say forget about it through the holidays and report back in March-ish. You've got to enjoy yourself during nov/december. I believe being allowed to eat whatever you want makes up for the dark and cold.

Brenny said...

Ditto.

Brenny said...

And I don't even want to know where I'm 'hovering'. Our walks totally give us a good workout. See, lie 37 I tell myself...

Jon and Diana said...

I know that I'm pregnant, but I weigh now what I weighed when I had Josh.. and I still have two months to go. Yikes. I'm really not worried, but who likes looking at a scale when you gain and gain and gain! plus, I think you look great in the pics you post.

Ashley said...

It's muscle!

Christi said...

Go girl!

Peay Family said...

I can totally commiserate with you. I have been trying to be so good and this weekend I just decided I needed a break. So, I took one. Low and behold on Monday morning I had gained three pounds. How depressing, good luck with your goals I'm sure you'll get back down in no time with a hubby that can cook yummy healthy stuff!!

Robin Fisher said...

You can do it!

Helen said...

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!!! HeHeHe

Kelli said...

My scale stopped functioning on what I deemed an acceptable level and thus I chucked it in the garbage!

Erika said...

I guess that means no more oatmeal cake :( You look incredible to me!

Chadlee said...

You look great, but the extra pounds are probably just muscle from carrying Joshua around! If you're looking for a gym, though, you should join us at Fitness 19. They have really cheap child care and one of the babysitters is LDS.