Saturday, October 18, 2008

My little boy's growing up

So while I was posting yesterday about my new Bissell, Andy fell out of his crib. What? Andy was still in a crib? Isn't he almost three? Yes, we've tried multiple times to convert it to the toddler bed, but it just freaked him out and he would either 1) not go to sleep or 2) fall asleep in exhaustion and then wake up screaming. So we put the gate back on. No big deal. He knew how to safely climb out of the crib, but something went wrong while he and Josh were supposed to be napping yesterday, and he fell. Thankfully there were no injuries.
Andy's bed was the light one on the left, Joshy's was on the right.
After the fall I got on craigslist and found a twin mattress with box spring, frame and headboard that someone was selling about a mile from my house. We went to check it out, liked it, brought it home, set it up and viola! My big boy has a big boy bed!

He loves it! I let him test out the bed before we bought it and give his approval, he choose some new yellow sheets (I chose the green ones in the photo--I didn't even walk down the aisle where the Lightning McQueen Sheets were), and helped me make the bed. He was pretty excited.

Josh is now in Andy's crib on the other side of the room since it is much more sturdy. I think the Feng Shui threw both of them off last night because they couldn't fall asleep even though they were both exhausted. Hopefully it will normalize soon.
I'm so proud of my big boy! He didn't wake up once in the night terrified in his new bed. We gave him lots of praise and hugs and kisses for being such a big boy.

7 comments:

Jon and Diana said...

Jon and I are looking for a toddler bed already. Unlike Andy, Josh has a fear of the bars. He hates his crib, and he screams if I put up a baby gate, even when I stay in the same room. Kids are so funny!

Erika said...

Congrats on the big boy bed. I wonder if putting up the safety slats would help Finn. Andy looks sweet in his big boy bed and I am proud of him not getting up out of his bed all night! That's awesome!

Robin Fisher said...

I am glad to hear they are sleeping. Good call on avoiding the Lightening McQueen isle. :)

A. said...

Quite the big step for little Andy!

Peay Family said...

Fun stuff. You'll have to let me know a good day to come and check out all of your new finds. I still really want to get together. Sorry about the zoo. We went there, got one look at how may people there were and decided that we would rather just pay and enjoy the experience a bit more. We opted for a park and an ice cream cone instead.

Peay Family said...

FYI: It is free day at the museum of Nature and Science on Wednesday and I am thinking of trying again. Are you interested? I've heard it is awesome.

Kelli said...

Congrats to Andy! Such a big step. I know wish I could put my 12 and 10 year old in a sleeping area where they can not get out with my help. Any suggestions!