Sundays are always a trial for me. Rarely is Kraig able to go to church with me. Sometimes my mom comes, but usually I'm wrestling with both boys for an hour and then Andy goes to class and I'm left with Joshy for the remaining two (which two happen to fall right during his morning nap, so he's an extra big hand full). Although it's early, I've loved having church at 8am. It's forced me to be super prepared for Sunday--lesson prepared, bulletin printed, calls made--all before Saturday afternoon. I always laid out our clothes the night before and pulled together the Sunday diaper bag. In addition to being super prepared, I love being done with church at 11am. The kids and I come home with plenty of time for lunch and a nice long rest.
A new building was just built for our stake so some of the wards moved around. We stayed in the same building, but our time changed to 11am. I was a little unsure of how it was going to work out since it would fall right during lunch and nap for both boys....blah, blah, blah. Get on with it, Jacqui.
That's not what I really want to talk about. We got home at 2pm and Kraig made us all cooked cheese sandwiches. Best. Sandwich. Ever.

I don't know what it is about his sandwiches, but they're the best cheese sandwich in the entire world. It[s gotta be the love.
Thanks, babe.
9 comments:
Ok, that's like my new craving. We have gone through like 3 loaves of bread in a week. I personally like 11:00 church because I was able to get my barfing in early and actually feel normal at Sacrament meeting. Hard on Finn, he was ready for his morning nap at 11:00.
We also have church at 11. We usually eat a sandwich and apples in the car on the way to church.
What is the difference between a cooked cheese sandwich and a GRILLED cheese sandwich? Does Kraig make Monte Cristos? Now that sounds good right now!
Kraig's always called them "cooked" cheese sandwiches, but it's just a grilled cheese. I think 'cooked cheese sandwich' sound cooler :)
Ok, in reading the post and comments to Kraig he explained his rational for 'cooked cheese sandwich.' You don't grill the sandwich, you grill a hamburger or a steak.
Makes sense.
Hmmm, so is it a sauteed cheese sandwich?
That does look yummy. Breakfast for dinner (brinner) or grilled cheese, those are my favorite Sunday dinners...
My Craig makes a pretty mean grilled cheese too. He puts salt and pepper and parmesan cheese (with butter) on the outside. Like texas toast with cheese in the middle! My favorite sunday meal too, with tomato soup to dip in. If you think 11:00 is bad, try 1:00 it is brutal, or 2:30 which is what it was until they moved out the 4th ward in our building. Can't wait for next year, when we go to 8:00
In all my years of going to church I have found there is no "great" time for church! There are some that are better but none are great! Ha. So would Kraig consider doing the sandwiches for us next time he comes home to visit his fam? We will play games after and I will let him win!
We have 1:00 church and it is brutal. Charlie doesn't nap at all on Sundays! You are lucky to be married to that man.
Post a Comment