- Nap. I don't always like to nap, but sometimes it just happens. And believe me, I welcome it when it does.

(This was the only photo of me napping that I could find. Andy was less than 3 months, so I'm assuming that was a total exhaustion nap if I fell asleep and he was there. I never napped with Andrew.)
2. Read. I get most of my reading done during nap time. Sometimes I fall asleep reading (see #1). 
(This is what I'm reading right now. It's the sequel to These Is My Words. Has anyone read it yet?)
3. Eat. I eat lunch by myself while the kids are sleeping. Is that weird? I usually make something they won't eat (like arepas, a staple in Venezuela) and enjoy it while I read my book (see #2)
4. Watch a movie. This is a rare treat because usually the movie will last longer than nap time and so I'll have to cut it short. I always eat lunch while I watch the movie (see #3)
(I just finished up The Office Season One--it's only 6 episodes, so I did get to watch most of them during nap time. So funny. I can't wait for it to be my turn with the Library's Season Two)
5. Talk on the phone. It's nice to have a conversation with someone without being interrupted by my children. So feel free to call between the hours of 11-1pm daily :)
7. Blog. Duh!
Things I don't do while the kids are sleeping:
1. Clean. I clean just fine while they are awake. Andy is even helpful sometimes.
2. Laundry. Ok, sometimes I do laundry if I'm watching a movie (see #4), but I think the spin cycle of the washer is noisy and could potentially wake Andy, whose room is across the hall from the laundry. I'd rather have dirty clothes than a grumpy kid.
What do you do during nap time? Or, if you don't have kids, what would you do if you had two quiet hours guaranteed every day?
7 comments:
I love this post. Nap time (we're still on 2 naps a day. I'm dreading cutting down to 1) usually involves TV shows on DVD that I don't think are appropriate to have on when Owen is awake. Right now it's LOST. I've watched the first two seasons in the last two weeks. I also use nap time as internet time. I compulsively check blogs and am always disappointed when they aren't updated. I, too, eat lunch by myself. In front of the TV of course.
I love this post too. Naptime is heaven, huh? I also usually eat alone. It's such a nice break. I seem to always have something I have to do like paperwork or call a utility or something. Then I clean like mad and write blogposts. It's also my fav time to nurse Max. It's never long enough! I might copy this post--it is a great thing to document!
Linds--I had Andy on two naps until just before Josh was born--so about 18 months was when he switched to one nap. I cherished those. Josh still has three, but usually his morning nap or afternoon nap gets skipped when we run errands. But both boys ALYWAS get the 11-1 nap. I make sure of it.
Great list. I loved the picture of you with the phone. Did you use the timer?
If I had two hours for myself I would read and when I got sick of reading I would start renting movies. How much fun is the Office!
After reading "These is my Words" (as you suggested) I rushed to the library to get the sequel. I am about half-way through it and I have a theory that Lazrus is that soldier that loved Sarah and killed his wife in the first book. I think his name was Lawrence. My theory might be way out there, but I can't wait to finish it now.
i would finish all 8 books i'm reading! i need to stick to one to feel some sense of accomplishment. my time to read is so spaced out i haven't gotten really in to any of them. i would take a nice hot shower or write a letter to my brother in spain. i would also call you, jacqui!!:)
Nap time is a sacred time in our house. I even put the phone on mute sometimes! I also eat lunch alone while I study for the Sunday School lesson for next week. If I have 2 hours I read or work on a project. Speaking of which I have been put in charge of Tricia's wedding guest list. She would like to invite her Cliff Rencher cousins even if they are far away. Would you mind emailing me you address (and any sibling addresses if you know them)! Thanks so much. rollins.kelli@gmail.com
Post a Comment