Dresser and Night Stand Before:

Dresser and Night Stand After:


Bed Before:

Bed After:


I took the kids to the grocery store after I bought the accent pillows and saw Oprah's newest at the check stand. I can't describe my elation when I saw that she was wearing the same colors as the pillows I had just chosen. Somehow Oprah validated everything I've done.

New additions: I finally hung pictures on the walls. They've been bare since we moved in. These are a few watercolor paintings I did in college and afterwards in a watercolor class I took at UVSC Wasatch campus. I'm really no artist, but they aren't bad and the colors go with the new bedding and furniture.

I finally hung this mirror. It looks lonely there, I know. We've been looking around the last few days for a chair to add to our room in this spot.

I like this chair, but it's a little out of our 'design on a dime' budget. Wouldn't it look fantastic in that corner? I'm still scouring the Thrift stores, though. I WILL find one!
Ok, so here's the breakdown of our new bedroom:
Paint: $15, Ralph Lauren, Home Depot
Duvet cover: $30, Target
Pillows: $20, Ross
Frames: $1, Garage sale, painted to match furniture
Total room makeover: $66!
Not bad for a design novice like myself. The best part is that Kraig was totally skeptical about everything--from the paint choice to the new duvet to the pillows, even the picture frames. And now he loves it. He says that our room feels more calm. I couldn't be more pleased!
10 comments:
I think that TLC should hire you. The room is totally cute and you did it with a toddler and a baby in tow, none of those design gurus on TV could ever claim that! Way to go, I love it!!
I can't believe you did all that for less than $100! It looks great! The Oprah validation is hilarious.
It looks so good! I love the accent pillows and that you painted the frames to match the furniture, which looks great by the way. And I think it was great that you did a little total at the end -- that is always my favorite part. :)
Looks great. Don't you wonder how you ever lived without TLC?
You are an inspiration! Our room needs a spring update in a big way. You did a great job. I should hire you as my interior designer! I can even babysit while you work!
Way to go Jacqui! You totally inspire me! :)
I see a new business in the works: Jacqui Webb, licensed dietician, can transform both the interiors and exteriors of your fridge and kitchen cupboards! :) You could give 2-for-1 deals.
Tres chic! I love the new color. What's it called?
LOOKS GREAT! I FEEL INSPIRED TO MAKE SOME CHANGES OF MY OWN. THANKS!
I am so proud of you! Yo are so handy!! The room looks great. Way to go Miss Designer!!
Post a Comment