I found the key to Andy's potty training: He's got to do it himself. He was doing really well for a few weeks, then decided that it was just easier to wear diapers. He would get really stressed out every time I mentioned needing to go potty--super counter-productive. So I checked out a Potty video from the library and bought Andy a little step stool so he can climb on the potty himself, wash his hands himself and get dressed himself. Sigh. A mom couldn't be prouder.

So when he says he needs to go I send him up to the bathroom by himself, and I follow a few minutes later. The whole time he's undressing and getting on the potty he talks to himself and says, "Don't pee yet! Don't pee yet!" over and over. It's so cute. Whatever works!
I'm not counting on him being dry from here on out, but we've definitely made big progress.
6 comments:
"Don't pee yet." That's fabulous! He's young to be potty trained!
That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. The picture is classic. Definitely one you need to keep for a senior video or a wedding video or something equally embarrassing.
Ya, that's a blackmail photo for sure!
I love the big smile he has and I keep laughing about the 'don't pee yet, don't pee yet.' Classic,
I love this story. I never could imagine how happy someone else using the toilet could make ME! Motherhood is bizarre at times!
That is the cutest picture EVER!
Post a Comment