Ever since last week's Glee, I can't get Sweet Caroline out of my mind. What is it about that song that is so universal? Is it Neil Diamond? Is it the music? Is it the lyrics? Is it the beat?
It seems everyone has done a cover of this song: The Jonas Brothers (horrific--how did they get a musical career?), Elvis (not so awful--definitely Elvis-i-fied), David Archuleta (so sweet--only as cutie David can sing it), and apparently the Red Sox play it at every baseball game (thanks for that trivia, Trent).
On our first day on the cruise, Kraig and I were in the pool and the DJ played Sweet Caroline. Everyone on the deck started singing the song, especially the drunk people next to us (whom Kraig later challenged to do Karaoke that night). It was hilarious.
So here's my tribute to this musical icon. Hopefully this will help me get the song out of my mind.
2 comments:
I love Neil Diamond. I too have been on a cruise and have enjoyed the Neil Diamond sing-a-longs! I like when the audience adds things like "so good so good so good!" Did they do that on yours?
I love Neil Diamond, too. Now I will have this song in my head all day. Happy. I keep hearing Puck sing it, too. Sigh.
Post a Comment