.
Friday afternoon we processed all 40 pounds of the carrots. We washed, peeled,
rinsed, sliced,
rinsed, blanched, dried,
and bagged our harvest. We got 24 bags of carrots to fill our freezer.
It was a lot of work, but we both feel so much accomplishment having done it. What is it about padding your food storage that brings such satisfaction?
.
Now I just have to get the orange stains off my bowls, cutting boards, and hands :)
6 comments:
Impressive! I would not even know that is how you go about storing carrots. I'm impressed at how clean the process looked too--I can't do anything like that without destroying my kitchen!
I love that you and Kraig work together so well. So cute! And holy carrots, batman! Y'all are gonna look a bit orange if you eat them too quickly!
Orange hands -- perfect for October. I am so impressed that you got so much for your food storage. You will appreciate all the work when you get to eat the carrots later in the winter, right?
Impressive! Do you have a second freezer???
That is a load of carrots! Great work Jaqui!
You cease to amaze me. I personally think you only did it so you'd see lots of orange in your freeze.
Post a Comment