.
Here are a few ways we celebrated October yesterday:
.
Kraig and the boys had their final (we thought) camp out of the season. Forget the fact that it was in the 40's overnight. I was convinced that they would come inside sometime during the night because of the cold, but my boys are definitely cut from the Webb mold. They survived the whole night outside by themselves and crawled in with Daddy in the morning to warm up. So cute! 

.
Our (now) annual trip up to Miller Farms to harvest. Our haul this year wasn't as extensive as last year because there was a lot of hail damage to the crops, but what we did bring home was much higher quality. True to Kraig form, he made good friends with our tractor driver and our driver took us to the fields they harvest for market in addition to the publicly gleaned fields. The boys were much more "helpful" this year with their shovels and "work gloves." I haven't totaled out pickings yet, but I'll post price/pound savings in a few days after we've processed it all. 







Check out the time stamps on these photos on our way home after hours of harvesting and playing. They're 4 minutes apart.



.
Pumpkin cookies! Need I say more? The boys and I ate some for breakfast this morning. Delicious!

.
Welcome, October! You're like an old friend returning home after a long vacation.
5 comments:
Can't wait to make my own batch of your pumpkin cookies!
Looks like a fun, beautiful day. A great way to spend some time together as a family and get some grocery shopping done. :) Happy canning!
Those pumpkin cookies do look yummy...
Yummy Yummy pumpkin cookies. Thanks!
Looks like a great harvest haul! I used to love fall...but up in MN, it really just makes me already dread the long, cold winter that is literally around the corner...
I made your pumpkin cookies today and thought of you, and the rest of the Rencher women around the globe, maybe making cookies and watching/listening to conference, too. :) Love you guys.
I loved the pumpkin cookies. I don't remember if I thanked you enough for them!
Post a Comment