"I get lost in all the thithers..." --shopgirl
But I love her movies. Particularly the latest versions by Masterpiece Theater of Persuasion and Sense and Sensibility that I watched this weekend.
Tell me the truth, do you love her or hate her? Do you favor the movies or the books?


15 comments:
LOVE her. I Love the books! There is just so much more to the characters in the books (obviously) but I also adore the movies when they're done well. Every incarnation of each novel for the screen has a unique life and so do each of the heroines. I think if we put all of the movies together we'd get a better idea of what Austen had really intended.
I love those new Masterpiece theatre versions too!
Love her! Perhaps it's an acquired taste--but I love the books too. HHhhhhmmmm.......and the movies too. Yes!
Books... for sure. I hate how movies take liberties to make the stories more sensational or dramatic. Though I love to watch Austen flicks they don't hold a candle to the books!
I love them all! I watched the BBC version of Northanger Abbey in the car on the way home from Colorado. It was pretty good, wasn't my favorite of her books but I did enjoy the screen play. Pride and Predjudice is my favorite of them all though!
Love the books. Love the movies. Love the books about the books and the movies about the movies! I'm a fan. PS Where is Brenda?
Kelli, Brenda's been in Vegas for the MWC. I'm sure she'll post any minute now...hint, hint.
Love the movies and the books. I'm a fan, what can I say.
Jacqui-are you serious!?! Wow, I had no idea you were Austen-phobic. She is one of my all time favorites. Even the books I don't like as much, I enjoy disliking them. I dig the books, the movies, and generally find all the various spin-offs entertaining, too.
PS- I thought Capt. Wentworth in the latest BBC movie was totally hot...
I totally agree with Christi. Captain Wentworth was super yummy in the newest movie.
I liked the new Edward better, too, than Hugh Grant...
I just finished Mansfield Park, it was the last of her novels that I had yet to read. I have to say I love her, but she does take a while to get into. It takes pages and pages for anything to happen so it takes some patience. I'm usually hooked by page 150 (the mark at which I quit anybook that I am not yet into).
Love, love, love either.
I love jane austin! I think I have watched pride and prejudice ten times in the last two weeks! By the way I am 11 weeks along, so I was reading your side bar and it says you specialize in pregnancy nutrition? When I get over this morning sickness I am definately going to need some pointers, I just eat and lay down all day, so you can guess what that is doing to my figure!!
I love her books! My mind loves to wrap itself around the words, squeezing all the sensation possible out of them. And yet, I am a movie junkie, so I love the instant accessibility of movies made from her books, too. They're someone else's vision, though, of course.
I forgot to add that even though Ciaran Hind is a craggy sea captain in an earlier version of Persuasion, he appeals more to me than the current one.
Bor-ing.
But my fine lit is People magazine. And I haven't ever really given Ms. Austen much of a chance. Still, my ignorance has never stopped me from giving an opinion.
I do love Nicholas Sparks. Books and movies. Which I'm sure is making Jane A. turn over in her grave.
Post a Comment