I think I may have found an access number that will let me load pages. I might need to recall the hate emails I've been sending to Juno...
Hello from Colorado! We made it hear safely, the drive over was long, but uneventful and with two kids in the car, that's a blessing. We got here around 8pm and it was raining so we only moved in our mattress so we could sleep. Mom and Dad Webb stayed the night and then Tuesday morning they blitzed on the trailer and cars and got everything unloaded.
So since that day, until yesterday, my life has been full of boxes. Kraig had Tuesday and Wednesday off and we got most everything put away, the garage cleaned up so we can park a car in there and my house put together! It really feels like home.

This is a picture of our little family the day of Joshy's blessing (so we were still in Utah). Do I dare press my luck and try and upload another picture?
Our new home is 3 bedroom, 2 bath. We've got a fenced backyard, a beautiful deck with gezebo and some deck furniture to old tenants left (they left a lot of stuff like a new mower, fridge, snow blower, bikes. That's the useful stuff. They left a lot of junk that my parents had to haul away too). There are three levels--Kitchen, eating area and living room on main level, two bedroom and a bath upstairs and one bedroom, bath, family room, and laundry room downstairs. There's also access to our crawlspace downstairs. It's a huge crawlspace and Dad (did I mention that my parents are my landlords?) built platforms and threw in a piece of carpet so we could put all of our food storage in there. It's PERFECT. I have dreams to make it a fun little play room one day. Of course we'll have to cover up the dangerous insulation first :)

So my life is pretty much how it was in Heber, except that now I have a Wal-mart within 3 miles of my home and a HUGE new outdoor mall even closer than that. I still do laundry (Josh was helping me fold)
and make dinner and clean bathrooms. The kids still nap from 11-1pm. See, not that much has changed.
Kraig's enjoying his new job. It's long hours and weekends (I went to our new ward at 1:30 by myself on Sunday--he went to the 8am ward before he had to go to work), but he loves it so far.
So thanks be to heaven that I could actually SIGN IN to my blog today. Maybe it'll work again, maybe it won't. Maybe someone told Juno that it was my birthday and to cut me some dial-up slack, if you know what I mean.
PS--Thanks for the substitution post, Brenny! You're the best!
7 comments:
Such cute boys! I'm glad you could get on finally. I love the picture of Josh helping you fold. :)
Congrats on the new house and getting there safely. What does Kraig do in CO? Was it a career move? ...sorry, I'm sure everyone else reading this blog already knows all this...
happy to have you back in the online world.
p.s. you look awesome!
Gordon--do you ever check to see if I reply to your comments? Kraig's working in Aurora, we live about 6 miles from his work. It was a career change--salesman to chef :)
Great pictures! Love having a Walmart close!
Sorry...I usually don't go back to check old posts that often. Luckily Chrissy saw your reply. Aurora's a good place. My aunt and her family live there and love it!
Post a Comment