Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday: The List

I'm feeling extremely inadequate today, so I'm afraid my Friday Five will be a reflection of this.

1) Jacqui, RD--my new business. I haven't worked since I had Andrew NOR have I worked as a dietitian since I passed my Registered Dietitian exam. And now I'm starting a business. It initially started out that I would just be helping out new moms with their diet while nursing and then later on when they wanted to lose weight. It's now escalated into me doing diet instruction for women with gestational diabetes and women who just want to lose weight. Seems like every Doctors office is thrilled to have an RD on-call. The crazy thing is that I'm not even the one selling my services. I will definitely need to do some brushing up on my skills.

2) Andrew--my 22 month old. We are right in the thick of his tantrum stage. It seems we can't go anywhere where he's not strapped in a stroller or grocery cart (i.e. doctor's offices, appointments, church) and expect him to sit still. I guess that's my problem right there--I'm expecting him to sit still. This morning's appointment was a disaster; I came home in tears

3) Chef Kraig-- my sweet husband. Kraig's new job/career is going well and I can be thankful for that. He leaves early in the morning, sometimes works late at night and always works on the weekend. He's starting his classes that coincide with the apprenticeship, occupying another night of the week. He's learning so much and growing in so many ways. I worry that with Kraig in transition right now it's not a good time for me to be starting something new, to even find the time to start something new and still be able to care for our children, run our household and keep us all clean, dressed and fed.
4) Joshua--my 2 1/2 month old. Josh is such a good baby. He sleeps through the night, he is entertained being by himself, he puts up with his big brother poking him and heck, he puts up with me as a mama. He's so content and yet I still worry does he eat enough? Am I feeding him sufficiently?
5) Thankfully there IS a peaceful, quiet solution tonight to all my dilemmas and heartache. The boys with be with Grandma, Brenny and Darren are coming down and Kraig and I get to join them for a nice evening at the Denver temple.

5 comments:

Brenny said...

I'm sorry you feel inadequite right now -- That's lousy.

Of course, when I look at your blog I see two great kids (one that is even better when he is strapped down :)), a wonderful husband who is happy with the new job and things in his life, and you having people knocking on your door wanting to pay you to tell them what to eat.

So many changes may seem stressful, but I know you can handle all of it because you are amazing!

Temple service does help, though. See you tonight.

Brenny said...

And did I say 'Yea for Friday Five!'?

Ashley said...

Congrats on both of your jobs! That is so cool--and I'm sure you'll get up to speed really quickly. Transitions are always really hard and you have had some HUGE ones these past few months. Pat yourself on the back and give it a couple weeks. And that is so nice that Josh is such an angel baby!

Please Pass the Green said...

You're amazing, Jacq. I think I'll have to read your memoir someday to learn how you do it! Hey, you think you could pencil in "Write memoir"? You know, in between disinfecting the bathroom, grocery shopping with a crying 2-year-old, doing laundry, making dinner, and counseling ladies to eat less carbs. I know you're the best at what you do. Don't doubt yourself!

Bryce and Karlene said...

Jacqui,

I know how you feel. Since Linsey was born, Karlene and I have been trying to figure out what happened.
It is so easy to look at all our responsibilities and only see our "achievement gap". We are trying to celebrate our successes each day. Even if it is only one! If we know were all of our kids are by bedtime, great. If Kenyon was only in his stinky diaper for half the day, great. You and Kraig have gone through some major life changes lately. Hang in there.