Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sleeping through the night

It's been a long time since I've slept the entire way through the night. Either I have to wake up to roll my big belly over or to go to the bathroom at some unearthly hour.

I'm sad to say that last night my big belly NOR my bladder were the cause of me getting up.

My good little sleeper, Andrew, who has been sleeping from 7:30pm to 7:00am with not so much as a whimper in his sleep (except that time he threw up....) woke up screaming at 3am. It was the strangest thing. He actually had woken up screaming around 9:30 also, but we were still awake to go in and calm him down. It definitely gets the old ticker going to wake up to your child screaming. I think he must have been having a bad dream both times. The only thing I can think of is that it was the mean, scary, 'bull' tractor from Cars (which Andy watched part of yesterday) which was plaguing his sleep time.

Hopefully we won't have a repeat tonight. I'm not sure I can handle it if this becomes a habit and I have TWO screaming children in the night.

1 comment:

Brenny said...

I can only imagine waking up to screaming from your 1 1/2 year old. Did Kraig wake up? Darren sleeps through everything -- well, loud noisewise. Apparently the same is not true for flashing lights from the TV...