Sunday, June 24, 2007

Admiring but not aspiring

It's probably not my place to so boisterously commend my brother-in-law and his new wife on their latest accomplishment, but heck, I was there! I took pictures! And I'm darn proud of them!

Kurt and Tina were part of a 12 person relay team completing the 176.1 mile Wasatch Back Relay course from Logan to Park City Friday morning to Saturday afternoon. They each ran 3 legs of the relay--between 3-6 miles each (I think). We were there to watch each of them run their last leg between 4-5:30 Saturday morning (other members of the team had taken the legs that had them running through the night). They ran right through a town just up the hill from our home.


(This picture was taken as Tina was finishing her leg and passing the 'baton' (the blue slap bracelet) on to Kurt as he began his leg)

So CONGRATULATIONS, Kurt and Tina! I admire you immensely! I'm glad that I can live vicariously through you!

No comments: