Thursday, July 29, 2010

Flaming Gorge, 2010


Kraig called me from work Monday morning and said, "Philly, let's go to Flaming Gorge." Me: "Uh. Ok. I'm here at the store to buy groceries for the week, but I can buy road trip food instead." So I packed us up, Kraig came home from work around 2:00pm, we drove for 7 hours, and viola! We were on vacation!

Flaming Gorge is a Webb Family standard. Every July they go to Flaming Gorge. If you've never heard of it, you're not alone. I knew nothing about this beautiful lake spanning across southern Wyoming and northern Utah until I joined the Webb family.

The water is as smooth as glass and the canyon walls are breathtaking (Brenny, I'd love for you to tell me all about the rocks).
We piggybacked on Kraig's parent's campsite and enjoyed the company of almost the entire Webb Crew.

Andrew and Joshua had their own tent and Kraig and I shared with Thomas. He looks like a baked potato in his sleeping bag.

In the day and a half we were there, Kraig took 16 water ski turns (if you're not a boater, that's a lot of time behind the boat).

I tried a few times to get up on the slalom ski to no avail, but had great success knee boarding (side note: Kraig and I literally met knee boarding 6 years ago).

Andrew and Joshua were a little skeptical about knee boarding at first, but we got the thumbs-up at the end.

We successfully wore both Andy and Joshy out after our first day on the lake.

Scary but true, the back of the boat caught fire Tuesday night when Kraig and Dad were filling up the gas tank.

It was a miracle that everyone was ok, Kraig brothers "just happened" to be steps away when it happened with containers of water practically in their paths as they ran to help Kraig and Dad put it out. Really. Too many miracles to list here, but trust me, we've listed them and thanked Heavenly Father for them. Flaming Gorge has a whole new meaning to the Webb Crew.
Here are a few extra jewels from the trip. Thanks for the memories!

This is Kraig's brother Kurt. I think this looks like an advertisement for his Mach ski. What a spray!

"Hey, Kasen, can you pass me some of that dirt? My mommy won't let me play in it."

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh my stars! What an eventful trip! I am so glad everyone was ok! Also I totally remember your first boating trip with Alli! Crazy that it was that long ago. Thanks for the gorgeous pictures!

Helen said...

Great pictures! Thanks for the smiles and laughs. So glad you were all being watched over and your "flaming" adventure turned out okay.

Robin Fisher said...

So glad everyone was okay! Loved all of the photos!

Ashley said...

FLAMING Gorge--scary!!! That's amazing that you were able to put it out so fast. Thank goodness! I am impressed that your big boys slept in a tent by themselves and knee-boarded! How fun.

Bryce and Karlene said...

LOVED that you guys came and suprised us there. We had a blast with you and missed you when you had to go back:( Thanks for all the fun memories that we had! Love your cute family. Suprise us more often we LOVE it!

Christy said...

Looks like a great trip! LOL, flaming boat at flaming Gorge. You'll never forget that trip. :D I didn't know you guys met while kneeboarding. Cute!

Chadlee said...

That looks like a great trip! I haven't been boating in years and your pictures made me miss it. Tommy looks so big sitting in his seat - what a cutie pie.