Thursday, July 15, 2010

What? He's going to be 3 all year long...

Joshua turned 3 last week. Where was I while he was getting so big? I distinctly remember his birth as if it were just last week. It was so ideal. I was well rested; the surgery was a breeze; my recovery was fast. He was a happy baby.
I love my Joshy so much. Our family wouldn't be the same without his witty sense of humor, his charming smile, his contagious laughter, or his strong will.

To celebrate the big THREE we threw him and his friends an "IronMan" party. Ok, so just the cups and table cloth were IronMan themed. But we played a lot of fun games and ate all of Joshy's favorite foods: Strawberries, grapes, goldfish crackers, oreos and strawberry ice cream. (note to self: Serve ice cream cones instead of cake at all other birthday parties)

Here are a few other cute photos from the party. I just can't resist.



This was right before Aunt Brenda dropped Tommy on his head :)



And this one didn't occur at the birthday party (it wasn't that kind of party), but I just about laughed my head off when I saw all of the boys' expressions.


I love you, my Joshy! Happy Birthday, Sunshine!

6 comments:

Brenny said...

I laughed so hard at the last picture. Their expressions are CLASSIC! Joshy looks like he has a shaved head. Great pictures and a great party.

Brenny said...

And seriously, I still feel bad about letting Tommy lean so far forward he bumped his head. I refuse to say I 'dropped' him.

Kelli said...

Why did Brenda drop him on his head? And why did you shave Joshy's head?

Ashley said...

He is so cute--love that first picture! I distinctly remember you being pregnant with Josh at Brick Oven that night we went with Nicole. That was just yesterday! It really seems like the second kids grow up a lot faster than the first. I am so impressed that you pulled off a great party with a tiny baby. That would stress me out! That last picture is priceless!

Jon and Diana said...

Tommy's face is hilarious in the bath picture. As if he is purposely giving a dirty look to someone. How is Josh three?, because that make Andy almost 5!!!! Holy smokes!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Such a cute post. We sure love Joshy around here and in nursery. He really is a little spot of sunshine! Happy Birthday buddy! (We still have his undelivered present here- sorry!)