.
Here's a brief recap of what our holiday consisted:
.
.
My brother and sisters and their families were all in town for the holiday. Kraig had to work at 8am Christmas morning, so we woke the kids up at 5:45am so we could open gifts and get ready for the day before he had to leave for work. Be sure to note the big bags around Andy's eyes. I'm not entirely sure (it's kind of all a blur, no pun intended), but I think there were definitely Christmas Day naps..
.
Kraig spoiled me at Christmas. It was wonderful. I loved all of his gifts, but the one that got the tears were the two pine benches he and my dad and brother had made for me for my kitchen table. I've scoured every furniture store in a 10 mile radius (and online) for benches to match my now-discontinued dining set. The benches are more beautiful and match more perfectly than anything I would have found to purchase. They're perfect! Thanks, honey!.
.
A large part of my Christmas preparations were spent in my sewing room working of projects. I made the boys matching suits this year. I'm so pleased with how they turned out. I took some liberties with the patterns and was amazed when the finished product looked how I had planned. I think the kids look so handsome..
.
We had a few friends and family over for games New Year's Eve. It was lots of fun and even ended at the decent hour of 11pm. Kraig and I rang in the New Year by ourselves (Ok. Ryan Seacrest was there too). I can only imagine what this new year will bring, but I'm so grateful I have Kraig by my side. I can weather any storm with my best friend next to me..
.
Kraig worked New Year's Day (no surprise), so when he got home we took the kids sledding. Correction. He took the kids sledding, and I sat in the warm car and read my book. I did step outside to snap a few photos documenting the event. I had to laugh when I came upon my boys riding the sled as if it were a roller coaster. These little boys have the same thrill seeker in them like their father. Heaven help me!.
.
As a cute side note, Andy gave the scripture again in Primary yesterday. This video is for his grandparents who couldn't be there:
7 comments:
I am so impressed with those benches! They're amazing!! I can't believe you have two fantastically craft people in your marriage. So cool. Sounds like you had a perfectly wonderful Christmas time with your boys. :)
Yay you posted! I can accept pregnant and tired, you are forgiven! What a sweet present those benches are, and your suits are darling. Glad it was a great holiday!
The benches are amazing! the suits are darling! And you two are both amazing and darling!
I can't believe you made those suits! You're so talented. Let's talk again soon.
The boys look very handsome. Those benches really were the best gift -- way to show the rest of us up Kraig-o-ragu.
Gifts made with love are always the best. (Suits and benches this year) Jacqui asked me before Christmas why Kraig had to talk to her dad so much. I told her he wanted "dad" advice and that he had also called me for "mom" advice. She is a hard one to surprise!
Jacqui's so on top of things, she doesn't miss much. I love that the boys were willing to wear their darling suits. You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment